It was all going so well..

• 7 Replies

AndyRVTR

It was all going so well..
« on: January 12, 2021, 14:13 »
Well, it looks like I'll be out of action for a while, this morning I only went and slipped followed by doing my first ever unintended version of the splits...... followed instantly by a horrible painful popping sound and a nauseous feeling = torn hamstring! I'm currently lying in bed with cushions under my knee for the foreseeable! Has anyone had experience of a torn hamstring and how long I'm likely to be laid up?

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: It was all going so well..
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 14:19 »
Oh no  :(

Worzel did this in the summer and it took about 6 week to get fully better.  Sorry to give you bad news.

Strap your thigh up to reduce the swelling. You’ll probably need some pain killers too.  Be kind to your leg but keep it moving. 

PS.  The photo I took of Worzel’s bruising is X rated.

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 15:40 »
good luck with your recovery Andy these things are so easily done and tends to happens in a split second take things easy and let us all know when your on the mend

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 16:00 »
Hi Andy,  sorry to hear about your unfortunate fall.  I know people who have had them and say how much they hurt.   But, it could have been much worse, especially as you did the "splits"    Oh ouch   :ohmy: :ohmy:  Get well soon,  pity nobody filmed it,  You've been Framed for £200.      regards  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 16:34 »
Oh no , commiserations Andy, so sorry to read this, make the most of your bed rest to plan for later, have you seen a Dr? Ibuprofen is good to reduce pain & inflammation if you are able to take it & can be taken with paracetamol if you are in lots of pain, don’t be brave & take the pain relief & you will relax & heal quicker.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 16:45 »
Ibuleve gell is good to rub on (gently), and it bypasses the stomach.

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 17:25 »
That's rotten for you, Andy!

You'll be up in time for the Spring though, so plan ahead now, while you have the time!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 11:01 »
Sorry to hear of your accident Andy  :(

it will be frustrating, but try and rest. Pushing your luck is only likely to delay healing.  At least you can get some good planning done.  You will be wowing us with your calm organised gardening in a couple of months, while the rest of us are panicking and throwing seed packs and compost round like idiots  :D

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 47 queries.