the BBC just the job

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

the BBC just the job
« on: January 12, 2020, 16:36 »
we where talking about the high wages some of these BBC presenters are getting when some folks are struggling to pay there TV licence because  there television is there lifeline do you think we are getting value for money are these presenters being payed to much and its highly likely the TV licences will be increased before to long  ;)

TonyB.

• Experienced Member
Re: the BBC just the job
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 17:29 »
OOHH ERRR bit political. Actually we need the BBC because being funded by the tax payers rather than business they are able to remain unbiased. Well that is/was the theory however theories are not always facts.
For some years now I have referred to the BBC as the Biased Broadcasting Company. If they were to offer lower wages the current presenters would not apply for the jobs. This would mean they would have to employ journalists who do not live in cloud cuckoo land.

Growster...

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 18:32 »
Just to say that the BBC is a failing, grotesque, tax-funded, biased organisation and must be made pay-as-you-go.

Never watch it nowadays.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 20:14 »
Well I get my money's worth out of the BBC.  The licence fee pays for local radio, which is a lifeline in many communities, as well as the national radio stations.  The ability to avoid adverts is worth every penny.

Given that the BBC gets bashed by both sides of any argument for being biased against the other side, there must be something it's doing which is fairly balanced  ::)

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 43 queries.