Advice and tips please

• 19 Replies

jaydig

Re: Advice and tips please
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 14:52 »
Just in case there should happen to be a shed on the plot you choose, I'd check inside it before buying anything.  Quite often all sorts of stuff gets left behind when someone has no further time or inclination to garden.  My plot neighbours found all sorts of goodies in theirs, including enough seed to fulfil most of their needs for the whole of their first year.

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 18:30 »
I would put an advert on Freecycle, Freegle, Gumtree etc. for anybody that has unwanted tools.   It is surprising how many people have things that they are very keen to give away.

You need to develop the skills of a forager - if it is going you will probably find a use for it - cardboard, pallets, bits of timber, sticks all sorts of containers

As well as the traditional garden tools you are going to need something to sit on, a flask or camping stove, stout boots, a tool kit - hammer, pliers etc.

Best wishes as it is a lot of fun and hard work

Thank you!

I’ll put an ad up now.
Ches

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 15:44 »
Just in case there should happen to be a shed on the plot you choose, I'd check inside it before buying anything.  Quite often all sorts of stuff gets left behind when someone has no further time or inclination to garden.  My plot neighbours found all sorts of goodies in theirs, including enough seed to fulfil most of their needs for the whole of their first year.

Thank you.

I’ve chose my plot. It’s only a small plot. But I have half share of a small shed and half share of a poly tunnel. Going up tomorrow and start de-weeding.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 11:10 »
Well done,  Let us know how you get on, with some before and after pics.   (Coming from the lady who doesn't even know how to work the camera  :nowink: )   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

ches

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 15:19 »
Well done,  Let us know how you get on, with some before and after pics.   (Coming from the lady who doesn't even know how to work the camera  :nowink: )   Mrs Bouquet

I took a before photo but it’s not the best. Spent about a couple of hours there today removing weeds and generally having a tidy up. Hopefully, It’s dry on Thursday and I can spend the full day up there. I have a few runner beans to plant from my grandad (fingers crossed I’m not too late)

xx
Gin Advice Please

Started by Elaine G on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 21:06
by jezza
xx
Any dog owners.. advice please?

Started by sunshineband on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post July 22, 2019, 08:50
by sunshineband
xx
Computer Advice AGAIN, please

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 26, 2018, 13:44
by mrs bouquet
xx
Advice for another present for my OH.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post December 12, 2023, 08:58
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 43 queries.