Elder Abuse

• 7 Replies

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
Elder Abuse
« on: April 17, 2011, 15:17 »
I've just come back from holiday to find that my ladies' loyalties have been transfered elsewhere.

I only went away for a week!

It transpires they have been abusing an old lady's good nature.

While the pellets I left out are gone, the ones left in the tin are still all there. The same cannot be said for the tin of corn and the (1Kg) box of mealworms whose bottoms are very much on display. In the kitchen the vegetable rack is a lot emptier than expected and it turns out they made Mum grate all the veggies before woofing them down. I have a finely tilled patch of soil where the vegetable plot was supposed to be and the lawn is looking ever so slightly depleted.

Oh, and they wouldn't go to bed until Mum had handed out some grated cheese with mealworms.

And I've run out of GoCat because a raiding party pillaged the kitchen. (The cat is now on medication.)

Do you think the SAS would be available next year?

Pertelotte x

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Re: Elder Abuse
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 15:41 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 20:19 »
Leave them with me next year, I will soon have them all knocked into shape!!   :mad:

I take no prisoners and put up with no funny business.   :tongue2:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 20:25 »
I bet they put on their best pitifull faces and woeful chucking to get their evil way  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I got home today to find OH had panicked as we had run out of mealworms and had rushed out and bought a huge bag full.  He said to me ' Just don't take that big bag out...........they go a bit............wild '  He had a scared haunted look in his eyes when he said this  :nowink:  :lol:

Beano

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 14:22 »
Ha those stories are so funny. Petrelotta your poor mum and cat. New shoot a lovely picture popped into my head with that story.
El.

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 15:27 »
Your mother really knows how to spoil chickens!   ;)  No wonder they weren't over the moon to see you return!  But I bet your mum had a great time with them!
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Pertelotte

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 11:30 »
It gets better ...

Mum was worried about the way Edith was limping.  Apparently she would hobble pathetically so Mum would feel she had to pick her up, cuddle her and give her extra worms etc from her hand.

This is the leghorn who can do 0-60 at the mere thought of a mealworm.

Hmmnnn.

bantam novice

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 22:09 »
There should be a Chicken Oscars presentation here  :D 
I thought my cat was bad enough.  She can look so abused as if she hasn't been fed for a week and is just about to starve to death.  As soon as she sees the food I don't think Bolt could beat her to it  ::)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 34 queries.