I just see the first ********* tree advert

• 25 Replies

Christine

Re: I just see the first ********* tree advert
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 17:10 »
My local family were away one year and rang me to ask what I was doing - turning the compost heap on the plot was the reply.

Goosegirl

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 14:53 »
This  morning my niece-in-law informed me that a nearby garden centre is already barring off some areas ready for the festive decs.  :ohmy:
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jezza

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2020, 20:54 »
Hello I've seen an advert today with the prices  they're not cheap   jezza

Goosegirl

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2020, 11:51 »
Lately I've seen several ads selling those ghastly festive musical jobbies and wondered who on earth buys them! There may well be no tramping around all the shops as a lot of goodies will be bought on-line, so put your thinking cap on and get your orders in early. MB, I often think of those who are lonely especially around that time of year, but you can always depend on us for a hearty cheer.

sunnywillow

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2020, 12:32 »
Saw some very pretty X-tree baubles this morning at a car boot sale...lots of tinsley things too....aaargh!
This year have decided that turkey cobs & a trip to the hills for a picnic is on the cards, if it isn't raining on THAT day! ???

snowdrops

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2020, 06:34 »
  I'm rather hoping for a second wave as shops will be shut, no chance of buying any presses and as we will be isolated again, we won't have vast numbers round for Thewordwemustnotsay dinner. Every cloud and all that . . . 😉
:ohmy: :ohmy:
I really do hope you're joking!! It's a frightening thought tbh..

I really hope so as well.

As someone who lives alone, spending Thewordwemustnotsay with family and exchanging presents is something I look forward too. The thought of having to spend the festive season imprisoned alone in my house doesn't bear thinking about. I get the impression married people have forgotten what it is like to be single and alone.

If we should get locked down again al78 is there a family member or friend you could go & stay with or they come to you? Particularly if now you’ve the time to organise it just in case? I know of a few people who did this to save the loneliness which as part of a couple I for one don’t underestimate.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

al78

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 18:30 »
  I'm rather hoping for a second wave as shops will be shut, no chance of buying any presses and as we will be isolated again, we won't have vast numbers round for Thewordwemustnotsay dinner. Every cloud and all that . . . 😉
:ohmy: :ohmy:
I really do hope you're joking!! It's a frightening thought tbh..

I really hope so as well.

As someone who lives alone, spending Thewordwemustnotsay with family and exchanging presents is something I look forward too. The thought of having to spend the festive season imprisoned alone in my house doesn't bear thinking about. I get the impression married people have forgotten what it is like to be single and alone.

If we should get locked down again al78 is there a family member or friend you could go & stay with or they come to you? Particularly if now you’ve the time to organise it just in case? I know of a few people who did this to save the loneliness which as part of a couple I for one don’t underestimate.

Yes, I have bubbled with my father so whatever happens I can stay with him over the festive period. When I am there I should be able to say hello to my sisters. Fortunately the NW England COVID spikes have not yet impacted Salford.

jezza

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 20:04 »
Hello I've been to York(hospital )on the way iut one of the pubs was advertising Christmas dinner for £19.95,  they're optimistic  jezza

jezza

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2020, 20:34 »
Hello bern to one of the big supermarkets  overheard the butcher say that  the piped music is going to be changing next  week  for Christmas music and the shelves are being re organised  jezza

wighty

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2020, 21:16 »
Are we going to be allowed to have one though?  I'm used to not seeing my daughters over that period as one was a landlady and one was a restaurant manager.  We always got together at the end of January  when we could have a good get together  as it was mine and eldest birthdays. It's going to be strange this year for a lot of people.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2020, 08:26 »
We have had the extra sweets and chocolates for a couple of weeks already and mince pies, which people are buying to eat now of course, as the dates are not long enough to save them, but that happens every year.

I think it will be a big year for the retail sector as people will stock up for a home celebration.  Given the uncertainty over how things will be, making plans to travel anywhere or meet up might be risky.  Having a plan B for staying put and making the best of it would be a sensible precaution.

xx
Favourite TV advert ever...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post January 23, 2020, 13:57
by Goosegirl
xx
The Iceland Advert

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 17, 2018, 18:30
by Aunt Sally
xx
Tree plantation

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post August 16, 2022, 07:03
by jezza
xx
Tree pollen allergy

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post April 23, 2023, 19:55
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 50 queries.