Busy!

• 5 Replies

thedadtony

• Experienced Member
Busy!
« on: September 23, 2013, 20:08 »
Seem to have been going for about ten days non-stop, stripped the "Katie " tree of all it's fruit so we'll be having a pressing next Monday, Mrs. T.D.T.'s cousin brought us thirty pounds of plums so I've just got that lot fermenting yesterday, she also brought us a load of cherries so I've two galls. of that bubbling away, the bramble has finished (stopped it at 1.004 so they'll be a little sweetness there) that's now racked and in the garage, the marrowiner has finished and is racked, very gingery, just how I like it and now the damsons are ready for picking, think I'll have to start a night shift. ;)

barley

Re: Busy!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 20:13 »
phew !!! tired just reading that  :lol: ;)

Daamoot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:49 »
Busy man indeed!  Just out of curiosity, how many (1 or 5gal) fermenting vessels do you have TDT?  Seems like a lack of them isn't an issue for you.  I need to find some more demijohns (only have 5) but worried my GF will freak out when I do.  Guess once they're racked and out the kitchen she won't complain about them as much.
Add me on PSN but nowadays I reach for the fork or hoe more than a controller

Newportalien

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 17:22 »
Busy man indeed!  Just out of curiosity, how many (1 or 5gal) fermenting vessels do you have TDT?  Seems like a lack of them isn't an issue for you.  I need to find some more demijohns (only have 5) but worried my GF will freak out when I do.  Guess once they're racked and out the kitchen she won't complain about them as much.
We use the 5ltr spring water carriers you see in supermarkets.
Either Stuk hols in the top and plug with a bubble or you can get cork shoppers ,pre bord. I've got around 10 in stock aswell as d j s .

thedadtony

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 11:26 »
Hi Daamoot, just had a quick count up, 11, five gallon F.B.'s and 30, one gallon D.J.'s both glass and the water bottle variety, 9 of the F.B's are full at the moment, 4 cider, 2, damson wine, 2, beer 1.port, 1, pear wine, just racked the plum wine this morning. :)

Daamoot

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22 »
Ah, good call with the water bottles Newportalien!  And Wow to your FV collection TDT!!  I'm extremely envious but also have a target for the future now  ;)

xx
Busy

Started by thedadtony on Homebrew

2 Replies
Last post October 18, 2012, 19:15
by thedadtony

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 39 queries.