Dupuytrens

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Dupuytrens
« on: September 29, 2019, 10:05 »
Do any of you suffer with this condition ?      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

Re: Dupuytrens
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 14:07 »
Didn't really suffer, Mrs B, just got on with it really.

Had both hands done (separately thank goodness) a few years ago and a little finger earlier this year, and it's a doddle really.

The bad bit is not being able to drive (legally), for at least a month, but I'd recommend anyone should go about seeing their doc, getting on the list via the consultant, who will measure the decline in the digit/palm, and away you go!

Our JRT cleaned up my first one real good - just licked it for an hour and it was as clear as a bell!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 15:39 »
I have got a hospital appointment - 18th November !    They have been in my hand for a long time, but now it is so painful, and I am unable to do lots of things with the hand.    I also have the carpal tunnel, which has gone beyond injections.   So I think they are looking at a package deal.    :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 16:04 »
Yes Mrs. B. - over about 5 years my little finger, right hand has become stuck nearly at right angles, making jobs like washing my face difficult without poking myself in the eye (not to mention not being able to play Beethoven's 5th piano symphony - not that I could before!  :lol:)

Been to see the consultant, and have agreed to take part in a clinical trial of operation v. collagenase injection, although I will tell them I want the injection treatment as already agreed. No date set yet.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 17:24 »
Apparently, injections aren't any good for fingers. There was no argument about that when I saw the consultant.

Palms maybe.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 18:32 »
Perhaps my consultant needs to have a friendly chat with your consultant!  ::)

The clinical trial will hopefully discover which is the best treatment... eventually.  ;)

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 12:36 »
Perhaps my consultant needs to have a friendly chat with your consultant!  ::)

The clinical trial will hopefully discover which is the best treatment... eventually.  ;)

Yes, sorry to be a bit abrupt there, Jay!

When I first saw my doc, who is a lovely lady, she mentioned the injections, but when I met the consultant, again a great guy, he said straight away that it had to be chopped, not injected!

I don't mind either way really, it soon clears up, and while it'll never be totally straight, well, who is these days;0)

snow white

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2019, 16:33 »
Sorry just got onto this post.  Was expecting it to be about a plant.  Oops.  I :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 17:24 »
Sorry just got onto this post.  Was expecting it to be about a plant.  Oops.  I :lol:

Ha ha ha!

Dupuytrens is all about not being able to grasp the nettle, Snow, which isn't such a bad idea if you're not wearing gloves!

I knew an old boy who really had it bad, and he was an expert bell-ringer.

He could ring perfectly just by using one finger to take the rope, while the others were absolutely useless!

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 38 queries.