Pets as therapy

• 49 Replies

Rubellite

Re: Pets as therapy
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 10:12 »
Will they grow in to their name tags?   ::)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 14:25 »
I'm amazed the rehoming centre insisted on collars as most insist against them! Mine all have reflective collars and tags and are microchipped (apart from the ferals who I cant handle to put a collar on  ::) ) and all the others in my CPL branch are tut-tut'ing about the collars, personally I would rather a collar reflects in car headlights if they go out at night thank you very much and if they go missing they can relocate through the tags and not just the chip. Almost all rehomers I have met are anti-collar so have to say I'm liking the ones you got yours from for their common sense (they argue that the cat can get stuck by the collar on trees etc, but I find as long as two fingers can fit under the collar the cat can wriggle out of it easily in an emergency) :D

With the kits with cat flu, it can be very nasty and involves a lot of vet visits when poorly. I've fostered 4 cats with cat flu and all have had very different signs of it. My Niblet is a catflu carrier and is blind in one eye as a result of all the infections she came in with, she is now a healthy little puss other than the eye, but she cant mix with foster cats unless they have had their jabs. However, other cats dont recover so well and ones such as Bronwyn who my friend ended up keeping from fostering has bouts throughout cold weather and is in the vets regularly even though she showed no symptoms to begin with other than a few sneezes and sniffs. So, I would say that even if the other kits appeared healthy you just dont know how they will progress sadly and it can suddenly flare up with no warning if they are carriers  :( We have been lucky with our recent cat flu carriers that two have been kept by us and the other two went to homes where there was already a cat with cat flu so the owners knew what to expect and there was no risk of contamination of other non-vaccinated cats.

I'm looking forward to getting lots more pictures of your little terrors at the weekend.

Oh, and sorry Janet for running off with your thread  :lol:

janet12000

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2009, 17:59 »
Lol. No worries Cara!
Kitties look lovely Learner!
xxx

Paul Plots

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2009, 19:36 »
My apologies too Janet!! Sorry......

Thanks, Caralou... I wondered about the collars - had thoughts of stuck up dangling from them but I'm fairly sure they'd slide off - lost kit and no tag  = :(  :( so was happy to do as told / agreed.

So far they appear happy indoors (just as well) demolishing the C' tree (a little) and taking over the best seats (a lot) in the living-room (I'd forgotten we have to fit in around the cats... but it is all coming back to me slowly  ;))

Today - visit to our local vet for next cat flu jab and lukemia jab (first of 2).
Micro-chip comes later - we'd like them done.

The purring is deafening!!   :)  :)  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

janet12000

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2009, 20:35 »
Purring is good!  :)

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots
xx
Pets Gallery

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

1711 Replies
Last post January 26, 2024, 20:25
by Subversive_plot

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 40 queries.