I learned Today That Anglia Water are Not Turning On Our Allotment Water Supply

• 19 Replies

Schubunny

• Experienced Member
thanks

its called H2GO

http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=3030&pf_id=LS5042D&co=fr

That looks great, sadly our plots have tanks that we dip cans into so we don't have taps  :(

trampyjoe

I read today that this is the first time sports clubs and allotments have been included in a hosepipe ban.

Cricket pitches can be watered if leaving the pitch dry is going to make it dangerous to play.

Green badge holders are exempt.

Also, you can use a hosepipe to fill water troughs and drinkers for your animals.
If your fish pond has 'pet' fish in it you are allowed to top the pond up (for purposes of animal welfare) BUT you cannot top up a pond that doesn't have pet fish in, so all the newts (including rare ones), frogs, insects, wild fish and anything else that relies on that small habitat will just have to suffer!

(I very nearly threw my coffee cup at the telly the other day when the anglian water guy outlined that rule)

grendel

adopt a newt as a pet?
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

8doubles

I read today that this is the first time sports clubs and allotments have been included in a hosepipe ban.

Cricket pitches can be watered if leaving the pitch dry is going to make it dangerous to play.

Green badge holders are exempt.

Also, you can use a hosepipe to fill water troughs and drinkers for your animals.
If your fish pond has 'pet' fish in it you are allowed to top the pond up (for purposes of animal welfare) BUT you cannot top up a pond that doesn't have pet fish in, so all the newts (including rare ones), frogs, insects, wild fish and anything else that relies on that small habitat will just have to suffer!

(I very nearly threw my coffee cup at the telly the other day when the anglian water guy outlined that rule)

I am considering hiring out tiny goldfish for the duration of the ban. Can you borrow one ?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
I'm going to lock this topic as it's turned into another 'general hosepipe ban' thread - rather than being about - Anglia Water are Not Turning On Our Allotment Water .
If anybody has anything relevant to this then I will be happy to reopen it for them ;)

The general drought/hosepipe ban thread is here
 http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=89582.msg996450#msg996450
for everything else   :D

xx
Allotments with no water supply

Started by Jon Gale on Grow Your Own

23 Replies
Last post June 11, 2013, 21:09
by mrswashi
xx
WATER shortage - tips for saving / harvesting water please

Started by Cr78 on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post March 22, 2012, 18:52
by mumofstig
xx
No water at the allotment

Started by Kajazy on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post February 07, 2011, 19:21
by Togalosh
xx
do you have water on your allotment?

Started by Carollan on Grow Your Own

42 Replies
Last post October 29, 2011, 22:17
by fluffstermum

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 36 queries.