Do you ever think you would like to go 'Off Piste'

• 8 Replies

mrs bouquet

Do you ever think you would like to go 'Off Piste'
« on: January 14, 2019, 15:32 »
Last week I visited a coffee shop/ sandwich type venue, it was about 12.30.   It was absolutely packed, all ages of people having their 'all day breakfast'   It looked delicious, and I thought I want that as well.   However I restrained myself, and had a tea cake and tea.   How I wish I had the breakfast.

Its the same with Dinner.   Sometimes I think I want just a big cheese and pickle sandwich, or grilled on toast.
followed by scones and jam and a cake.

Yes, of course I could, I am my own Master, but oh the beating up I would give myself, and the regret later on the scales.

What things would you do if you went totally 'off piste'   :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: Do you ever think you would like to go 'Off Piste'
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 15:39 »
I think if you want to "go off piste", then you should, with the proviso that it is only occasionally.  My gran always said that "a little of what you fancy does you good", and I'm sure she was right.  What's life after all, if we can't indulge ourselves now and then.  My sister has spent most of her life saying "No, I'll be good", and denying herself the odd treat in order to watch her weight, whereas I've always thought that life is for living, after all we're only here once.  Now we are older we are both about the same build, so all that self-denial was a waste of time.  Don't feel guilty - enjoy the moment!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 16:23 »
I agree, no enjoyment if you make up strict rules to follow every day.
Live dangerously now and again  ;)
Foodwise,  I you are naughty now and again, try to be good on other days. I'm past caring what others think nowadays, and I certainly don't beat myself up about things I've done. Enjoy life, I say, especially now!

Perhaps eating that breakfast could be on your bucket list  :lol:

grinling

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 19:56 »
Scone, jam and cream with a latte for lunch today...it was delicious

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 22:11 »
Pie Barm n peawet.

My fave comfort food
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

jaydig

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 08:57 »
Pie Barm n peawet.

My fave comfort food

Showing my ignorance once again, I had to look this one up!!   It's amazing what regional variations we have in our food for such a small country.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 11:09 »
Yep, me to.  I have just had to look that up.    :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2019, 11:15 »
Bank a couple of 'good' days Mrs B, then go enjoy that breakfast guilt free. 

You are not a machine that just needs fuel to run.  You're a human being who is allowed the odd weakness and needs to have enjoyment in your life  :D

Goosegirl

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2019, 13:16 »
When you think many people haven't survived to our age (whatever that is), I believe in enjoying the rest of my time here because what's the point in making yourself miserable just to conform to whatever we're told to do such as eat, drink, and how to exercise etc? My niece has been on a diet (plus some running) to lose a lot of unnecessary weight and she looks amazing, but she made it fun by following various recipes so she could enjoy her meals with the added bonus of pigging-out on the odd occasion. If you beat yourself up about your weaknesses all you do is to make things worse and it achieves absolutely nothing! I've done that over the years until I realised I didn't think I was a worthy person despite my dear friends telling me I was so it was all negative stuff just like feeling naughty for wanting that tasty breakfast. Last year with my 70th birthday approaching became a changing moment in my life. I ditched the rather baggy trousers, got some new best clothes and other stuff, and am ready to rock and roll with the best of them! MB, get that breakfast down you a.s.a.p. and you may find there are new pals to chat with. Who knows what life can bring!  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
Went "off piste" today

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post November 07, 2019, 16:01
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 49 queries.