New Greenhouse

• 5 Replies

lentil987

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.dancingbear.co.uk
New Greenhouse
« on: April 24, 2006, 21:15 »
This weekend coming I am going to take delivery of my new greenhouse. My OH has promised to put it up as soon as it arrives so by the end of the weekend I will be all set.

What does everyone grow in their greenhouses?

I have lots of little plants around the house that I will take over to the allotment to grow in the greenhouse and I plan to pot up the hanging baskets and sit them in there to give them an early start but I was wondering if anyone grows things year round etc.

I was thinking of planting some late tomato seeds to see if I can get a crop into October/November.

Also - as it is a second hand greenhouse I bought from ebay - what do you clean greenhouses with? I was planning to wash everything with dettox? Would that be ok or should I try something else

Thanks

Lentil
Every child is born a naturalist. His eyes are, by nature,
open to the glories of the stars, the beauty of the flowers,
and the mystery of life.  
-  R. Search

DELTA

New Greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 23:04 »
i use jays fluid to clean mine always works well keeps desease down but the wife hates the smell  :lol:

bob_fox

New Greenhouse
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 23:29 »
You should get a crop of tomatoes if you seed now. Chances are they may not ripen, but all you do is put them in a drawer and they ripen in a week or two. I manage to grow lettuce in my cold greenhouse over winter. It doesn't grow very fast, but I keep taking the odd few leaves off for a salad.

Phoenix

• Experienced Member
New Greenhouse
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 06:55 »
I grow everything apart from beans and peas lol The problem i had was it got too hot in there and leaves wilt, even tho i was watering 3 times a day... it was 110*F in there yday :) :)
Like War games then click on the link below - goto forum and ask for me (Black_Stalion)
Ambroid Online Multiplayer War Game

twysted1

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.bodymod.org/profiles/v2/profile.asp?Main=1&PF=7907
New Greenhouse
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 11:01 »
last wednesday i sowed some sweet corn and courgette in a propagator on the windowsill, then on the friday it got really hot i checked to see just how hot it was and was shocked that it was over 42C or 100F for the chronologically challenged. i thought this would seriously harm the seeds but i was surprised and shocked to see seedlings from both on sunday. now i believed that sweetcorn was difficult to start but i now have seedlings that are over an inch tall and they haven't even been in a week.

Phoenix

• Experienced Member
New Greenhouse
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 16:51 »
I never get a problem with sweetcorn, i just sow them put them on my shelf in the greenhouse and wrap the pots in bubble wrap, 90% of them germinate within a few days :)

xx
What goes well with each other in the greenhouse ?

Started by garddwr on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post January 11, 2010, 07:56
by DD.
xx
My new greenhouse

Started by Teapot on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 20:54
by dannie
xx
Greenhouse

Started by ANGEL_S on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post January 04, 2009, 05:55
by paintedlady
xx
Greenhouse

Started by Tykelad on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post April 05, 2010, 17:19
by kermit

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 35 queries.