New to this forum? Not sure how to do things? Check out the help

Returning Member Saying Hello....again!

• 7 Replies

Gillykat

• The Comfrey Patch
Returning Member Saying Hello....again!
« on: May 03, 2020, 14:08 »
I was looking for a decent allotment/gardening forum and found this one ~ not realising I was already a member ~ so, erm, Hi again :D 

I live in Alnwick and have an allotment just five minutes walk from home...a lovely sheltered (surrounded by high hedges) sunny plot measuring 90ft x 33ft.  I've had it five years now but for the past two years, due to lack of time with work pressures, it's been quite neglected and is a bit *cough* weedy. Thankfully I'm now in a different job so actually have time to get the plot sorted out and back to the lovely productive plot it used to be. I'm on a furlough break at the moment so spending an hour or two on the plot a few days a week and slowly but surely it's beginning to take shape and I'm feeling less overwhelmed and more excited about the growing season ahead  :D 

As well as organic fruit & veg I also grow a lot of flowers and would eventually like a few chickens too.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and seeing what you're all doing and growing this year  :)     

snowdrops

Re: Returning Member Saying Hello....again!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 15:19 »
Hi there, what a lovely place you live, I’ve been to Alnwick a couple of times, didn’t see any allotments that I can remember & I’m always looking. Sounds like you’ll soon be ready to go, people who garden & are furloughed must feel so lucky to have time at this time in the year if they are able to still get there. Goodness knows what people do all day if they don’t garden lol
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 20:52 »
Welcome back (?)  :lol: :lol:

The plot sounds to be in a great location, so have a lovely time finally getting it just how you want it.

Gillykat

• The Comfrey Patch
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 21:31 »
I’ve been to Alnwick a couple of times, didn’t see any allotments that I can remember & I’m always looking. Sounds like you’ll soon be ready to go, people who garden & are furloughed must feel so lucky to have time at this time in the year if they are able to still get there

Yes, I'm very lucky in that my allotment is a five minute walk from home...up a wide lane which is pretty quiet. The allotments are at Ratten Row, right next door to Hulne Park.  There's a few other allotment sites in Alnwick - two behind houses and the other up beside St James Road, opposite the roundabout in front of the rugby ground.
As soon as I heard I was on furlough till further notice I must admit my first thought was ''Get in - I can sort the allotment out!''  :lol:    Not sure about other people but if I didn't have Plot 34 (or couldn't get to it) I'd probably keep myself busy catching up with family tree research online, reading, writing letters to penpals (UK & overseas) or getting on with decluttering the house.  I certainly never sit watching tv all day...the endless adverts alone are enough to send a person stir crazy!!!  :wacko:   I work in McDonalds so think I may have another three, possibly four, weeks off before things begin to start going back to some sort of semblance of pre-covid but we shall see. 
Tomorrow is seed sowing - peas, sweetcorn, beetroot, lettuce, various brassicas, melons at home....and I MUST get some spuds (Rooster) into the ground *whoops...so disorganised*   ::)  I had them in the shed and discovered them today as I was locking up!  Not sure WHERE i am going to put my seed trays though as the greenhouse is already a bit full!  I may have to put the cover on one of my blowaways, fasten it down tight and transfer flowers to there  :D 

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 10:57 »
Welcome back, Gillykat  :lol:

chillimummy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 12:02 »
Hi there.
Loving your full greenhouse  :)
Enjoy your plot.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Any Comments ? :
http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?board=38.0

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 17:45 »
Welcome back  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 11:50 »
Nice to have you back.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx
Returning Member.

Started by stompy on Welcome to the Forums

7 Replies
Last post January 18, 2017, 07:46
by stompy
xx
A new/old member returning from the shire!!

Started by Stratts on Welcome to the Forums

2 Replies
Last post January 04, 2023, 18:18
by Yorkie
xx
Returning member- moved house and gained a new allotment!

Started by prestongirl82 on Welcome to the Forums

4 Replies
Last post January 29, 2017, 19:31
by Yorkie
xx
Returning to the fold

Started by Penninehillbilly2 on Welcome to the Forums

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2021, 06:55
by AndyRVTR

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 46 queries.