about to get hammered again

• 2 Replies

jambop

about to get hammered again
« on: April 30, 2017, 08:41 »
Well exactly one month after I planted out my onions which two hours later were hammered by marble sized hail the same again is coming this afternoon :(   Not much I can do about it just hope that it is not as bad as is being predicted. The storm will arrive at 3pm an will be accompanied by 105kmh winds. Fortunately I don't have anything else out in the garden other than onions and garlic that is not protected in some way. The onions were just starting to get away too!

Deborah1

• Experienced Member
Re: about to get hammered again
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 21:44 »
Well....what happened? Hope it wasn't too bad. We've finally got some rain here in parched Brittany. But after the frosts that hit us this week I'm running out of optimism for this season already. :(

jambop

Re: about to get hammered again
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 14:58 »

Well....what happened? Hope it wasn't too bad. We've finally got some rain here in parched Brittany. But after the frosts that hit us this week I'm running out of optimism for this season already. :(

Well Deborah the good news is that the hail did not come :) which was a relief because the meteo indicator was orange which normally means some pretty bad stuff. On this occasion we got very high gusts of wind and some heavy rain but no hail and my garden did not suffer too much at all. To be honest we needed rain too because it has been dry for a full month. There are some thunder storms indicated for this weekend so I am hoping that hail is not included rain is usually not too bad but the hail just hammers the crops and sets them back weeks.

xx
hammered again

Started by jambop on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post April 01, 2017, 20:28
by jambop

Page created in 0.456 seconds with 39 queries.