I've got a greenhouse at last.. thanks to Angels

• 10 Replies

AndyRVTR

I've got a greenhouse at last.. thanks to Angels
« on: February 16, 2011, 15:50 »
I'm not sure if this is in the right place, if it isn't please feel free to shift it...  :)
It has always been a plan of mine to have a greenhouse in my back garden at home, but I never thought it would come to anything, mainly because of the cost, a new one is simply out of the question and even a second hand one goes for a lot of money these days plus they are like goldust to find.
Anyway, one of my wife's relatives passed away recently and although I never met him, I knew he liked to potter about in the garden and especially in his greenhouse.
Well... his son came round yesterday and he knew I had been after one for ages, so he said it was mine to collect if I wanted it.... for FREE!!
Both he and his dad knew I had an allotment, but I never for one second thought he would offer it to me, but like the good re-cycler that I am, I obviously had to say yes and accept their kind gift :lol: :lol:
He told me it was about 6' x 4', but when I got there and realised what size it was, I was like a little kid, I mean.. who gives away an 8' x 6' aluminium framed greenhouse.... :ohmy:
He has also told me to take what ever else is there, so not only do I have a greenhouse, I also get, 3 water barrels, 3 x 70ltr bags of compost, umpteen pots and trays, thermometers, guttering, shelving, oh and not fogetting the auto-vent  :D :D
The strange thing is, I was looking out into the back garden on Sunday trying to picture a greenhouse at the top end, I turned around and there before me on the ground was a white feather.... that I KNOW wasn't there before.
My wife has always been a firm believer in Angels and and she has tried to convince me over the years... and gradually, slowly but surely, I started to believe in them too.... now I know they are helping me... and I think this is their way of answering my call... :D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 18:28 by AndyRVTR »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: I've got a greenhouse at last.. thanks to Angels
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 17:21 »
What a lovely gift  8) 

Maybe your wife's relatives just knew that as a gardener, their departed relative would be looking down from heaven with a smile watching you jumping for joy at getting the greenhouse and all the rest of the kit and also seeing it still being used.  Near enough to an angel I reckon  ;)  :D

Nige2Plots

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 18:33 »
That is good :) :) Enjoy!
Before I took up Vegetable growing, we had to sell my late fathers house, complete with a very large fully glazed greenhose, fully automatic vents and blinds, staging and heaters.
If only I knew then what I know now!

MJS

• Winner - favourite sunflower photo of 2011
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 19:17 »
That's fantastic,I hope you have many years of joy with it. :D

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 19:28 »
That's cool, i was looking at poly tunnels and green houses yesterday at work one of the blokes that comes in the center asked what i had been up to and i said looking at greenhouse. Well he say's i have an 8x6 you can have if you want it.  Asked how much nothing you can have it i was going to take it up the tip woo hoo a drink going his way i think when i go and collect it Monday all being well with the weather.

I love the 2 greenhouses i have already and this will be swapped with my dads 6x4 on the plot so he has more space and i have a 6x4 to go with my 6x8 at home and the 6x6 at the plot and we will fill it this season im sure.
Thanks
Kris

CDave

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 06:50 »
A great story - thanks for cheering me up!!

AndyRVTR

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 21:16 »
Well I finally got around to go and collect my greenhouse this morning... I started to dismantle at about 9.30am and had it back at my home for just after 2pm this afternoon.
All in all it took about 3 hrs to remove all the glass and about 25mins to dismantle the frame and about half an hour to have it delivered to my back garden.  :)
P2260153.JPG

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 07:53 »
That looks fab Andy  8)

Bet you can't wait to fill it up  ;)  :D 

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 10:03 »
super, go ahead and fill it later this year and make the old boy proud  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

derbymeg

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 17:08 »
Spent last 2 days putting up my10x6 Christmas pressie.Fingers are sore, and ego hurt as broke my last glass panel (610x 610) only one to put in to finish it off. Going to glass merchant in York on Thursday to get replacement! Better news is father in law has given me a parasene twin paraffin heater - every cloud...........

dexyblue

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 17:18 »
Totally believe in the white feathers,few years ago my Dad had heart attack, I was sat in resuss with him and a white feather floated over his bed. We were both gobsmacked and he said I am not ready to come yet. He is still here at the young age of 82

Good you got your greenhouse
I came I saw I grew my own veg

xx
RE-USE A GREENHOUSE

Started by MARROW HEAD on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post October 12, 2008, 00:10
by GrannieAnnie
xx
Plastic Greenhouse

Started by alwayshopeful on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post May 20, 2010, 19:40
by mumofstig
xx
how to collect your greenhouse

Started by philskin on Frugal Living

10 Replies
Last post December 26, 2008, 16:51
by Porffor
xx
Greenhouse and hose

Started by tosca100 on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 20:31
by tosca100

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 35 queries.