Coltsfoot, help

• 3 Replies

Goldfinger

Coltsfoot, help
« on: April 25, 2011, 21:34 »

I've finaly indentified that I have a few (make that loads of!) Clotfoots' coming up on my plot.

I glyphosated a few weeks ago now and everything yellowed and died except the Coltsfoot, it seems that the weedkiller didn't work on it.

I've been on digging over the treated area, over the weekend and noticed the 'tubers' go down a long long way.

So I would like to know, does the Coltsfoots' leaves have to be 'bashed/bruised' like Marestail if I have to re-treat anywhere, or dig down to almost hell (up to a Metre according to the web) as I'm digging??

And, what are the chances of it coming back once I've got as much tuber out as possible, does this weaken it?

Gandan57

Re: Coltsfoot, help
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 22:02 »
When you applied glyphosate were the leaves visible, as I dont believe they would have been? Now they are and are actively growing the spray should work but it may take more than one application.
I`m left handed, what`s your excuse?

Goldfinger

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:57 »

They were visible, but only the size of a penny really, this is how I can identify it now, but not then, they were just poking through.

Do you think maybe that wasn't enough surface area for glyphosate to get a hold and do it's job?

Gandan57

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:50 »
Persistance will pay off. Every time you see new growth, zap it. I have a little bit of bindweed on my plot and when a shoot is about two inches high it gets it.

xx
Coltsfoot conundrum

Started by zither on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 08, 2013, 21:49
by Springlands

Page created in 0.357 seconds with 39 queries.