Happy chook owner! :) - Pics added

• 35 Replies

PhlangePhace

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 23:35 »
The more colourful one of your pair looks very much like my Copper Black; a Maran based hybrid.

As your supplier described them as French Bronze, I expect they are possibly those.  Marans, AFAIK are French.....if so you may get chocolate-brown eggs from her.  :D

Whereas the black one looks more like my Black Rock, as previously pointed out is similar to Bovans Nera.

Mind you, I'm no expert and I'm only judging by the colouring, if anyone can jump in and correct me then please do, but comparing my 2, the two both have the gold/copper neck feathers but my Black Rock has completely black body feathers whereas my Copper Blacks body feathers all have the copper Rachis and copper fringes to the barbs.

And also, whilst I'm thinking about it, my Copper Blacks feet are almost silver, whereas my Black Rocks feet are more off-white with black creases....OK, maybe a terrible description, but what I'm getting at is that there is a recognisable difference between the feet colouring of my 2.

Porffor

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 23:48 »
Thanks :) I'll have a look at the difference and hopefully the eggs will finalise the breed ;)
They are both very pretty but do have different colours slightly, though the darker one does have bronze/brown to her neck too just not as much.  :?

PhlangePhace

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 00:04 »
Quote from: "Porffor"
They are both very pretty but do have different colours slightly, though the darker one does have bronze/brown to her neck too just not as much.  :?

Indeed, same with mine....in fact when I got mine I purposely took the Black Rock with least neck colouring purely to tell the 2 apart  :oops:
However, once I got them home and had chance to study them a little closer I could see a noticeable difference between the main body feathers.

When I get a chance to take some pics of mine I'll post them and hopefully you'll see what I'm getting at.   :)

Porffor

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 09:04 »
Thanks :) I also went for different markings! lol always nice to tell your pets apart. :lol: Shimmers 'sheen' was what attracted us to her, my 9 year old had already chosen Scarlet as soon as we got there! :lol:

Off to have a look now! :)

Porffor

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 11:59 »
Found the following pic on a site - does look like our Shimmer :) Scarlet also has a green shimmer to her black feathers on her back but has less of them.

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 13:00 »
Very pretty

xx
Help new chook owner -is my chook ill or broody?

Started by all chook up on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 13, 2007, 12:53
by slowef
xx
New chook owner!!

Started by poohbabyxx on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 25, 2012, 16:44
by Axe
xx
new chook owner

Started by buttony22 on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 22, 2011, 02:31
by Lindeggs
xx
new chook owner, some questions :)

Started by chocchicken on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 03, 2009, 20:50
by barbarella

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 38 queries.