First year in polytunnel

• 1 Replies

Countryman_uk

First year in polytunnel
« on: June 22, 2012, 16:22 »

Hi, well i got the chance to buy a 30ft by 16ft polytunnel 2nd hand in late January and couldn't pass it up ,at £100 was a steal, it took me a few weeks to dig it out and dismantle it and take to my allotment . With the bad weather we had at the beging of the year i didnt get the tunnel up to end of March, another few weekends of hard graft , but in the end i managed to put it up on my own . Not really knowning what i was going to grow in it a Decided to make 3 rows of raised beds, 1 mtr wide 2 down the sides and one down the middle and a potting area at the back. I have grown all my plants for my two allotments in the polytunnel and have ended up giving lots of plants away, At the moment i have about 80 tomato plants in pots in my beds, chillis peppers, beetroots, spring oinions, rocket, radish, lettce, just wondered what i could grow later on in the season, as i say i do have two allotment so i dont grow any greens inside , and i also have a greenhouse which i use for Cucumbers

grinling

Re: First year in polytunnel
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 22:16 »
salads can be done all year, including round lettuce. I have spinach in mine, mainly for the chooks, but will grow over winter lettuce for them too.

xx
polytunnel...

Started by radster on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

8 Replies
Last post January 17, 2012, 05:07
by fuzzy1983
xx
Polytunnel

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2011, 23:43
by muntjac
xx
new polytunnel

Started by 3 allotments on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

2 Replies
Last post March 18, 2013, 15:15
by 3 allotments
xx
Polytunnel

Started by Simon1955 on Growing in Greenhouses & Polytunnels

5 Replies
Last post January 07, 2013, 15:19
by stompy

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 32 queries.