Shade loving Veg

• 35 Replies

gobs

Shade loving Veg
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 21:49 »
Not easily, as per normal. Both of them need very acidic soil and lots of moisture down there. You just sound a bit like having it more or less. :wink:

So, seriously,  where you are planning to put the veg, whatever, is it going to be in wet soil all summer or what is it like in the summer ? how many hours of sunshine a day, thereabouts?
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Jaye

• Experienced Member
Shade loving Veg
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 21:53 »
tbh i was going toput it in a raised bed to improve the soil quality - hubby thinks that's just being fancyand I should take up some of the lawn turf.

I think though in summer it's not so much boggy really as much as it takes a long time for the dew to evaporate. I doubt that end gets much sun at all though.

Jaye

gobs

Shade loving Veg
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 21:58 »
None of my business who wears the trousers, but really, no apples you could at least bargain a raised bed out in soggy land. Celery sounds a candidate.

Jaye

• Experienced Member
Shade loving Veg
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 22:00 »
i am trying but i've always been bat at negotiation....

Jaye

sweet nasturtium

Shade loving Veg
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 22:56 »
Quote from: "Jaye"
Yes i'm on the wating list for a lottie, but there is 20 ppl before meon the list......and apparently the plots are slow moving, they don't like chucking pploff (parish council), but i think that's fair enough tbh

Jaye

Have you tried other sites in the area?  Where we are there are some with closed waiting lists, but vacancies about a mile away.  And regarding trouser-wearing, gardeners only wear their own trousers.   Read into that what you will!

Jaye

• Experienced Member
Shade loving Veg
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2008, 12:04 »
The plots i am looking at are run by the parish. Apparently there are a few plots in Macc available on the less popular sites but that's not really possible without a car. The parish council are looking at making some new plots at the other end of the village but i know if i took one up there rather than my end i wouldn't keep it up as it would be a struggle to get there. However those new plots might reduce the waiting list I am on.

I queried whether some waste land near us could be turned into allotments. It is earmarked for leisure and so far they are going to put some sort of youth shelter there. However, some lotties and even a community garden sounds quite good to me - and i'm sure that would come under leisure in the local plan.

xx
Not So Loving Neighbour!

Started by Glen on Grow Your Own

44 Replies
Last post October 08, 2008, 10:47
by mikem
xx
Nearly 2yrs on the plot and still loving it!

Started by HilaryG on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post November 14, 2009, 16:02
by Goosegirl
xx
Coffee loving slugs

Started by green_lolly on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post April 20, 2015, 07:20
by lettice
xx
manure loving plants?

Started by susan54 on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post March 31, 2013, 19:02
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 35 queries.