My mornings work

• 13 Replies

crowndale

My mornings work
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:39 »
Put in 15 pavers in front of the shed to make a small patio area to park prams and chairs in the better weather.

My fence so far, only another 20 or so pallet panels to go up on the right!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

crowndale

My mornings work
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:42 »
OK, so obvious mistakes, fence is the top pic and not the pavers and the pavers is the half finished patio with 10 pavers and not the finished with 15!  Back later to the plot to try and finish the path I want in front of the tree along side the fence.

Selkie

My mornings work
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:51 »
It's looking good though  :D

crowndale

My mornings work
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 16:24 »
Thankyou  :D

Put down 7 small pavers along the bit of fence made, on top of carpet left in the shed by previous tenant.  Hoping to get the bit in front and alongside the tree done tomorrow, after that I've run out of pavers so will be making several trips to b & q for their cheap pavers.  Am planning to put some gravel along the edge right next to the fence coz there is a 6 inch gap there, but if I put the pavers right up against the fence then there isn't enough room to balance a wheelbarrow or pram.  

brucesgirl

My mornings work
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 19:38 »
You put me to shame - my mornings work was to read half a book, drink five cups of tea and eat the last of the chicken in a sandwich.

crowndale

My mornings work
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 20:28 »
But I bet you don't ache all over and haven't fallen asleep in front of the tv tonight!!  It's been raining here so tomorrows plans might not include those outlined previously and may yet be more leisurely, like a trip to asda and the cinema.  But have the construction and digging bug so really really don't want any more rain tonight!

sweet nasturtium

My mornings work
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 22:35 »
Well done!
Did you do all this by yourself?

crowndale

My mornings work
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 12:10 »
Quote from: "sweet nasturtium"
Well done!
Did you do all this by yourself?

Certainly did!  Put down 6 more today in front of the tree but have so much stuff to do to home that I have put my gardening clothes in the wash to keep me away from the allotment for a day or two!!  Wasn't very bright though when I laid the patio bit coz I dug it to make sure there were no weeds but didn't let it settle enough coz after torrential rain last night all the pavers are now quite wobbly!  So when the ground has compacted a bit more I'll have to lift them and flatten the ground a little me thinks.  am just flattening the ground for the path , not digging it for weeds and trusting that  thick carpet and pavers will keep the weeds at bay!  The path is much more stable than the patio.  am twitching here tho coz its not raining and I want to go back and finish that bit of path round the tree but it really is too wet after last nights rain to be walking on the rest of the allotment.  sigh.  I'll have to make do with vacuuming and washing floors which is really a very long way down my 'i want to do' list, tho fairly high on the 'really should do that today' list!

WG.

My mornings work
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 12:34 »
Quote from: "crowndale"
coz after torrential rain last night all the pavers are now quite wobbly!  So when the ground has compacted a bit more I'll have to lift them and flatten the ground a little me thinks.  
Problem will recur unless you lay them on an inch or two of sand

wildeone

My mornings work
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 13:03 »
Looks great i can't wait to get my plot!!! Nearly there now!!!

crowndale

My mornings work
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 16:40 »
Quote from: "WG."
coz after torrential rain last night all the pavers are now quite wobbly!  So when the ground has compacted a bit more I'll have to lift them and flatten the ground a little me thinks.  

Hmm, I know but I'm just so lazy wg!  guess by the time the ground has settled a bit I might be less keen to get it finished and more keen to have a decent patio so might just pop out to the builders merchants and pick up some sand.  Got loads at home but need that for the path I was supposed to finish in the spring and which is still to be dug out!

SkipRat

My mornings work
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 23:18 »
Looks good CD, you seem very determined to see the job through. Good luck. :D
I used to work in a helium gas factory, but I walked out, no one talks to me like that.

madforveg

My mornings work
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 21:09 »
Quote from: "brucesgirl"
You put me to shame - my mornings work was to read half a book, drink five cups of tea and eat the last of the chicken in a sandwich.

He that sounds like my gardening efforts at the mo
Hi ,im carol im trying to get a decent allotment uptogether with raised beds in my lovely back garden.would love to hear from you all.

madforveg

My mornings work
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 21:13 »
Quote from: "WG."

im so glad you said cos i would be relaying my slabs forever..add sand to the list....going to need a lorry from b@q at this rate

xx
Will it work?

Started by AndyRVTR on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 27, 2010, 19:53
by AndyRVTR
xx
Are you at work right now?

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

29 Replies
Last post November 04, 2007, 18:28
by crowndale
xx
would it work?

Started by binner on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post December 15, 2009, 20:45
by Paul Plots
xx
Work To Be Done

Started by South Downs Wayer on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post September 19, 2008, 22:24
by matron

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 35 queries.