6 kittens, 1 special mum

• 115 Replies

evie2

6 kittens, 1 special mum
« on: May 13, 2014, 15:48 »
  :ohmy: well not me personally, Bramble is.  We took her to the vet last Wednesday because she was getting a bit tubby.  She hadn't been showing any signs, then suddenly she grew.  As we lost one of our cats last year due to a tumour which was only evident in her last week I was concerned this may be the same.  I know there are too many cats needing new homes, all 6 of ours have come from Cats Protection, however when the vet couldn't say for definite what was there and although she's a house cat, she followed the dogs out one day and didn't come back for 48hrs, we decided to have a scan.  There are at least 2 beautiful tiny kittens :D  I apologised for being so happy but the other possibility was just too heartbreaking.

The vet had a good old look and declared they would be here within the week :ohmy:  I don't know anything about cat births so I looked in the allotment search and up came caralou's thread :)  It's been very helpful and it's put my mind at rest.  We're patiently ::) waiting and watching her grow, from behind when she's sitting down, she looks like a pear :nowink: she waddles like a duck :lol: and  has that look of inevitability about her.  Fingers crossed it won't be much longer for her :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 13:44 by evie2 »
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: I'm having kittens!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 15:53 »
aww they are lucky to be born in such a loving pet friendly household. Will you be keeping the little ones to add to your household of pets?
Don't forget we will all want to see pics straight after the birth (and I assume mum cat will be spayed after this little happening  ;) )
Staffies are softer than you think.

Debz

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 16:12 »
A lovely outcome for you and echoing Joyfull, we'll need piccies of the fluffy bundles.

evie2

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 17:32 »
Oh yes, she will be off to the vets with her sister Willow, as soon as the kits are weaned and the kits will have a forever home here with us :D  The scan was amazing, we could see their tiny faces and teeny weeny paws 8)  Their mum was very young and very pregnant when she was taken to Cats Protection, she had 7 kits, all survived.  Fingers crossed Bramble has a bit fewer than that ;)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 17:36 »
aww in which case they will have a lovely forever home with you  :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 17:47 »
Lovely news  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

evie2

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 17:59 »
As soon as they arrive Eils will post pictures :D wee Evie (who's not so wee now) and Josh have here today, they've been very gentle with her, rubbing her tummy and singing to her making her purr very loudly 8)

evie2

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 17:42 »
Still waiting ::)

madcat

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 19:08 »
Still a barrel on legs?
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 10:03 »
Take it she was a kitten from Cat's protection, as normally they are spayed.

It is fun to watch them grow etc, My little cat was born to my sister in laws cat, so we know her date of birth, time, she was a breech birth, the eldest kitten and have a picture of her when she was just born.

All kitten's stayed in the family or neighbors, so we have seen them grow, have photo's ect. Sadly my sister in law kept the runt and sadly he passed away.  :(

He was week from the start though.

Fingers crossed all will be well, mum does all the hard work, you get all the fun bits.  :)

evie2

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 13:37 »
I can't believe she still hasn't had them, she eats, sleeps, comes downstairs, eats, sleeps, goes back upstairs and poddles to the latrine.  Not impressed by the vet, I thought he would have been more in the know especially as she was scanned and I gave him 2 possible dates.  We're now looking at bank holiday weekend.  Poor Bramble.

All our cats are from CP, these 2 were smaller at 13 weeks than our first 2 were at 6 weeks.  Several friends have had their kittens die during their spaying ops, so we were waiting until ours were bigger before we had them done.  Our fault completely. 

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 09:12 »
I wasn't blaming anyone. Accidents happens, you'd already explained she had slipped out.

We waited till our little one was 8 months before the op,as she was small.
Lucky she was a scardy cat, so did not want to venture out, even now, if you shut the door she is  back like a shot.  :D

A new born Mog.

Oliveview

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 10:16 »
We have 2 cats, male and female, both fixed.  Our neighbours have cats -none fixed- why waste money on operations to sterilise cats and dogs is what the neighbours think!  One neighbour had over 20 feral cats at one time- which was good for catching the rats, gradually they all left home and the rats thrived! We could do with them back!

Nothing nicer than a new born kitten! Hope there is just 2 for you!

Pamela

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 17:02 »
I learnt quite a lot about kitten births when the allotment cat had 4 last May.
She may hide away to have them privately and then she may move them about after a week. At least if you keep her indoors, you'll know where she puts them!! :D

evie2

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 19:49 »
I wasn't blaming anyone. Accidents happens, you'd already explained she had slipped out.

No, I knew you weren't, I still feeling guilty ;)  Aww a baby Mog :)

We're still waiting ::) she looks so fed up and fat but that didn't stop here racing to scof all the dry cat food :lol:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 19:55 by evie2 »

xx
Kittens

Started by 22fox on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post February 18, 2010, 13:16
by Caralou
xx
New Kittens

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 08:35
by Pretty Chick
xx
Our new kittens.

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 21:22
by Madame Cholet
xx
darling kittens . . . .

Started by evie2 on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post December 17, 2013, 18:27
by evie2

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 40 queries.