Hello from Watford, Herts and help request!

• 5 Replies

dalekinstead

Hello from Watford, Herts and help request!
« on: July 24, 2009, 17:55 »
Hi, to readers! I've just acquired an allotment as a first timer, so I'm a bit of a greenhorn.

I've also just bought a second hand ALKO Farmer 3500 rotovator on ebay but it hasn't got an instruction manual. Can anyone tell me which way the depth rod should face; backward of forward and how does it control depth of dig. Even better can anyone sell me a copy of an instruction manual for the same or similar ALKO?
Thanks

beansticks

Re: Hello from Watford, Herts and help request!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 17:59 »
Welcome,not sure about your model,but on my small honda it faces backwards.The man to tell you all about rotovators is Qwiz,but i think one of the mods will need to move your question to get more answers.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 17:59 »
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry, no buying or selling allowed on here.  If you ask in the "equipment Shed" forum someone will most likely help you out.
Cheese makes everything better.

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 06:53 »
Hello There.
I would think that if you get in touch with ALKO, they might be able to get you an instruction manual. Lucky for you that the company is still trading!
As to the depth gauge, the further it's down to the ground, the shallower the depth of tilling, likewise, bring it up out of the soil, and the machine digs deeper.
A friend of mine used to have one, he reckoned that with the 3.5hp engine, it was better to dig over the ground a few times, going a bit deeper each time, mind you, he lived in Tolworth and the soil was quite heavy clay just below the surface.
We don't, as Ice said, allow buying and selling on this forum, it's a pity we haven't got a copy of the manual on pdf yet, or you could have down-loaded one for nowt............ :)

2peasinapod

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 19:01 »
Hi m8
close but not the full manwell
parts list
diagram

you may be able to contact them from the site aswell.

HTH mark
dont permissum dandelions frendo vos down.

If it cant be pulled by hand,
1; its not ready
2; use a landrover...

dalekinstead

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 19:47 »
Thanks to all for advice on this.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 38 queries.