Chair covers / throws

• 16 Replies

Lardman

Chair covers / throws
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:59 »
Max has decided he likes 2 chairs, my old wingback to sleep and keep nice warm while I work and the back of the easy chair in the bay so he can watch the world go by  ::)

I bought a few dog blankets but they're too small to cover anything properly and are so thin you can literally see through them.  Im not overly fussed about the aesthetics but would like something I can drop in the wash mash quickly , is it best to look at the dog specific chair covers or something like bed sheets ?

LilacSandy

Re: Chair covers / throws
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:04 »
I use throw blankets which I paid about £15 each for, they are warm and wash very well adn come in some great co lours..  Sheets would work as well.

Paul Plots

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:10 »
Not advertising but keep an eye out for Lidls throws and rugs.

The rugs/blankets are around £7 and the throws a little more. My parents have had some of their rugs for daily use for years. They are light weight, very warm, wash and dry quickly. Various patterns as well as plain sometimes.

Our cat has mine!  :blink:  :lol:
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Agatha

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:09 »
Our local Poundstretcher often has fleece blankets for £5-£10. Or try charity shops - bought a blanket in a St David's Hospice shop for £2 last year but decided it was too good for the dog so I'm using it instead!
'The love of gardening is a seed that once sown never dies, but always grows and grows to an enduring and ever-increasing source of happiness.'  Gertrude Jekyll

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23 »
Lucycat has fleece throws as well, not the silly small pet size ones.
They're easy to launder and cheap enough to buy - usually about a fiver in Wilkos ;)

plum crumble

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 12:38 »
bought old boy Ted a fleecy thing from wilkos, which he loved till I bought myself a lovely big new soft dressing gown from Marks - guess which Ted prefers  :nowink:  :nowink:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 14:49 »
Mine all sleep on one chair and I just buy cheap throws lidl or primark that way when they are realy worn you wont worry buying a nee one  ;)

Trillium

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 15:17 »
At one of our major charity shops, they were clearing out old electric blankets that no longer worked and I picked up a double sized blanket for 50 p. It's folded in quarters on the dog bed and I can refold to fresh areas as needed before bunging it into the wash (rather than the mash  :lol:).

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 15:23 »
I can't help.  Pennydog has never got onto one of our chairs or beds in her life.  Except once when I'd washed her bed and forgot to put something else down for her.  I found her on the sofa.  Put an old blanket on the floor and she was off the sofa and only puts a paw on a chair if she is looking for the remote for Brian!  :lol:

Lardman

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 16:35 »
I never thought of the charity shops  ::)

They must get lots of old stuff like that. I'll hold off buying anything till I've had a look.

compostqueen

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 16:42 »
You might be lucky enough to find some woollen tartan throws there.   I've got two beauties and they do wash ok on a gentle 40 degree wash. They don't get filthy as the dogs just lie on them after getting towelled down to get rid of wet muck when they get in from outside :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 16:57 »

They must get lots of old stuff like that. I'll hold off buying anything till I've had a look.

Boot fairs in the season can be good too for things like that.

Agatha

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 13:36 »

Try the lower end of the charity shop market - the posher ones only tend to take in the good stuff & have prices to match  :(.  Great if you're looking for a present or a posh outfit for a wedding, not so good if you are looking for something to stand up to muddy paws!

Paul Plots

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 10:44 »
I can't help.  Pennydog has never got onto one of our chairs or beds in her life.  Except once when I'd washed her bed and forgot to put something else down for her.  I found her on the sofa.  Put an old blanket on the floor and she was off the sofa and only puts a paw on a chair if she is looking for the remote for Brian!  :lol:

Sounds to me as if Penydog has the right idea.  I do keep telling PepperCat but my wife misses the message.  ::)

But it's only in winter that the cat climbs on to the end of the bed. Good foot warmer and she always stays on my her Lidls rug at the far end.

Lulu

• Winner Best Sunflower - 2012
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 22:38 »
If you are near one Ikea have cotton covers that I use as they are single or double bed size, (Will cover a whole chair or sofa) and are tough enough to handle a hot (60 degree) wash and don't let the dirt through. 
Wash your hands, stay at home, distance yourself

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 34 queries.