daftest shoping experiance

• 9 Replies

muntjac

« on: March 31, 2007, 19:59 »
gotta tell this ..  went to the store today and was looking for cornflour( maize meal) and im waling down the tin alley and there is a hell of a row going on tween this old couple . why and whats it over . its over a tin of chopped tomatos , they ararguing over which tin has more in  a tin of whole plum tomatos or a tin of choped plum tomatos ....................... the woman " there has to be more because they are full ones ......... no ya daft old bat there's more in a chopped tin cos they can squeese more in ........ what the hell ya talking about woman they squeese just as many full ones in as chopped ........  i couldnt get involved so i just carried on with these tow old dears arguing the toss lmao

so whats ya funniest shopping tale  :wink:
still alive /............

WG.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 20:06 »
Posted this one before but what the heck ...

Years ago, I asked my wife to pick me up some bamboo canes when she was in town.

Shop assistant seemed a little embarassed that they were more expensive than I'd told my wife to expect.

Quoth the assitant, VERY seriously ... "Sorry yes they have gone up in price recently. Its because of all those pandas, you know"

ziggywigs

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 20:48 »
:lol:  :lol:

Not a shopping story but whilst travelling on the bus i overheard two elder ladies discussing what they were planning on buying in the city....oooh says one i'm going to get myself one of those George Formby things....to cook my bacon on apparently it's healthier.

I had to stop myself falling about laughing but all i could think of was a ukulele. :?

Trillium

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 21:30 »
Not so much funny as very cute. Today I went to town for a few groceries and also picked up a potted Easter lily for my mum who is coming for Easter dinner on the 8th. Wanted to get one before they're all sold out as the lily is her favourite flower. While waiting at the checkout line I noticed a very elderly man rushing from one person with a lily to another, then finally my turn. Very earnestly he told me, "Do you know that when the lily finishes blooming that you can plant it outside and get it to bloom for many more years?"
"Yes," I replied with a smile. "I've been doing it for years."
"Just didn't want you to waste it in case you didn't know," he replied after apologizing, then rushing off to another person, with the old man's eye-rolling son in tow.
I didn't stay to watch, but I suspect that they were there for some time as the old man, who obviously loved lilies as well, made sure everyone else knew.

Dabhand

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 10:59 »
I was going through the checkout till and went to pick up one of those 'next customer' things, what I actually picked up was the thing that they slide into lol...... It was about 5 foot long........ I looked a right 'wassuck' (As the MIGHTY MUNTY would say)  My husband pretended he was with the lady behind us :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Ann

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 14:47 »
Mine was our first holiday in France, went into the supermarket to pick up a few things and an assistant started talking to me, I explained that I did not speak french (stock phrase out of guide book)  she smilled at me and continued to talk while holding a bottle of wine in one had and pointing to the relevant text on the bottle with the other.  Having not understood one word that had been spoken and unable to comprehend the wine bottle label she then assumed that I was going to take a couple of boxes of wine. OH just stood beside me grinning like an idiot.

brianh

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 11:07 »
2 elderly ladies overheard in Morrisons;
Old lady 1: "Are those apples English"
Old Lady 2: "They're from New Zealand"
Old Lady 1: "That's fine, I'll have them as long as they're not French"
Brian

lucywil

• http://ourallotments.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 13:11 »
i work in boots and was once asked by a very 'camp' gentleman for 'bum crack hair remover'. i blush very easily but managed to keep my composer while taking him to the hair remover and pointing out that none of it could be used on that area. his friend then chimed in 'you'll just have to have it waxed like i do' !

WG.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 13:51 »
Quote from: "lucywil"
i work in boots and was once asked by a very 'camp' gentleman for 'bum crack hair remover'. i blush very easily but managed to keep my composer while taking him to the hair remover and pointing out that none of it could be used on that area. his friend then chimed in 'you'll just have to have it waxed like i do' !

:lol:  :lol: That is funny.  Very funny!

Coincidentally, I've just posted a recipe for Jalapeno en Escabeche on another thread ... that would have worked for your customer too !!!

Heather_S

• http://www.stargazy.org/plants/allotment/
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 21:58 »
Lady about a decade older than me looking very confused in the baking ingredients aisle muttering loudly where the baking spice is... I point out it's in the spice section and she seems utterly baffled  :lol: Bless ;)
wistfully hoping to one day be mostly organic gardener in North London.

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 38 queries.