Mouli Food Mill

• 5 Replies

WG.

Mouli Food Mill
« on: March 05, 2007, 22:53 »
I bought an old fashioned Mouli foodmill off eBay about 6 months ago and it is simply the biz for making home-made soups.

No more peeling tatties, J Artichoke, tomato, parsnip or carrot; no more stringing celery; the whole lot gets thrown into the soup after a really good wash.  Cook it up and then through the Mouli to take out all of the skin and stringy bits.

Result is like rubbing through a sieve but 50 times faster & hardly any waste.  We have a liquidiser and a Bamix thingy but the Mouli is much better at removing skins.

It also makes an excellent parsnip puree for freezing when you come to clear the row.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Mouli Food Mill
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 23:34 »
I want one of those Whiskey, for my passata!  A passata machine is about £24!!  But being a bit boracic at the moment, I'm waiting for one to go on Ebay for about 50p !!!!!! :lol:

WG.

Mouli Food Mill
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 23:37 »
Thanks GA.  Two quick visits to google and I now understand your reply.  Hope you get the eBay item but I guess this thread won't have helped your cause much.  I paid £7 for mine and I don't grudge a penny of it.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Mouli Food Mill
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 23:40 »
If I'm lucky one day, maybe I can stretch to a fiver Whiskey!!!  But now my Kenwood chef is on the blink again, and I STILL haven't got to use my sausage filler!!

Keeps blowing the motor, bought a recon one a couple of months ago and gearbox, but smoke poured out of it 2 days ago, and I was only using it on No.3!!

I'm jinxed!!!

tetley

• Experienced Member
Mouli Food Mill
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 17:34 »
keep seeing these in the shops...thought they looked old fashioned  :oops: , didn't realise how easy they would make life.
sometimes the simplest things are the best....I will have to get one now of course  :lol: , and I will tell my husband that you bought it to my attention   :idea:

WG.

Mouli Food Mill
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 19:06 »
Quote from: "tetley"
I will have to get one now of course  :lol: , and I will tell my husband that you bought it to my attention

Yeah, go on, blame me  :wink:

xx
Food dryer

Started by Jerry on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

12 Replies
Last post May 25, 2006, 08:53
by John
xx
Food processor

Started by Rangerkris on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post May 22, 2012, 19:02
by Mrs Bee
xx
Dehydrating food

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

14 Replies
Last post February 25, 2009, 15:20
by Poolfield2
xx
Food processor

Started by Lulu on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

32 Replies
Last post April 25, 2011, 09:50
by Swing Swang

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 35 queries.