Naughty cockerel

• 2 Replies

kitkat

• Experienced Member
Naughty cockerel
« on: August 02, 2009, 19:17 »
Hi can anyone help a cockerel i would describe as 'sexually aggresive'. Some of you have seen the photos of my Dark Brahma Duke. He's about a year old and we bought him in Feb with a Dark hen, Bessie.
     The problem is all the girls, apart from Bessie, are petrified of him. I now keep himin a seperate run and let him out for a few hours every day. He charges, treads , walks around them treads again and sometimes stands on them and they cant breathe. All the girls hide from him when hes out.
     I've also got Kaiser, my 17 week old Gold boy, no problems at the moment but soon he will be thinking he's king of the castle which will cause trouble between the 2 boys. Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this please. Thanks :)
We have 17 chickens, 3 quail, 2 dogs, 3 cats and that's enough (for this week)

IMOmimey

• Experienced Member
Re: Naughty cockerel
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 22:15 »
Doesnt sound good news for your cockerel. I have a cream legbar cockerel that is equally brutal, he managed to break the pelvis of one of his wives :( :(, he would be active if he could catch his girlies, but they are adept at escaping now, not a single egg fertile! I will get round to replacing him when I find one as handsome as him.
Pets:if you don't love them like family, don't have them

Chookster

• Experienced Member
Re: Naughty cockerel
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 22:22 »
I have an araucana like that - I'm selling him on as I can only keep ladies where I keep my birds - or I could swap shop him i guess? He is the most beautiful bird, gorgeous colour and the most beautiful big soft dark eyes like shiny boot buttons.  His colour is beautiful too, I shall miss him but he has to go.

xx
OH has been naughty

Started by asd1 on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 03, 2011, 18:15
by NormandyMary
xx
Can they be naughty before first lay

Started by gracie on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 22:06
by henamoured
xx
I've been a naughty girl...

Started by Porffor on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post August 05, 2008, 23:41
by too many girls
xx
Chickens and naughty cat

Started by welly on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post March 02, 2009, 21:35
by welly

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 35 queries.