great veg shop

• 5 Replies

chrissie B

great veg shop
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:08 »
A work mate of hubbys told him of this great veg shop only a few miles from us we went yesterday for a look , we got a huge turnip for 25 pence some wonderful parsnips beets spanish onions cabbage , cauli was a bit small i thought but i sent hubby back in for it as i forgot it lol, and a tray of 30 local eggs its a whole sale place but sells to the public as little or much as you want , it also has cheese cream bottled goods chillies the whole range of stuff , it will be handy on the days the family come for sunday dinner .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

compostqueen

Re: great veg shop
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 16:57 »
Some caulis are mini ones, still good though  :)

Your shop sounds great. Don't forget to grow some of this stuff for yourself though

chrissie B

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 13:33 »
i am but my small patch is growing smaller with the addition of a red snd a green goose berry and 3 rhubarb plants also i had moved my strawberries there ive a small bit in the middle now , but im happy with what ive got , but the shop was great the turnip which i thought might be blan cos of its size was sweet , mae some pasties and had some in them and i might try roasting some to go with tea tonight , i need a book for 100 ways with turnip lol
chrissie b

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 16:59 »
pan fried in butter!

chrissie B

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 19:48 »
i roasted some was nice , had loads of veg roasted with sausages cooked in honey , mustard andlemon  yum
chrissie b

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 23:20 »
Lovely!  Carrots roasted in a little honey and cumin are good.  Beetroots fried in butter are very tasty too

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.