Courgette glut recipes

• 22 Replies

wighty

Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 21:21 »
Compost Queen , you want curry well here's courgette and parsnips in Moghlai sauce

heat 1 tbsp oil and fry 5 oz onions and then ad 2 tbsp korma paste and cook 4 - 5 mins.   Stir in 284ml single cream and 3 fl ox water and 7 o\ cooked parsnips diced.  Add 7 oz diced courgettes simer 3-5 mins add 1-2 tbsp corainder and mix, sprinkle over 1 tbssp flaked almonds and serve with rice and naan.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 22:00 »
Wighty, that sounds absolutely fab.  Can I just check, does o/cook mean completely cooked?
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

wighty

Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 10:46 »
sorry, must have been a slip of the finger, it's supposed to be 7 oz cooked parsnips.

While I'm here, here's a recipe for aubergine, courgette and Dolcelatte pie,.  Heat 1 tbsp oil and fry 1 red onion and 1 tsp garlic till soft.  Add 1 red pepper chopped, 1 aubergine cubed and 1 courg cubed, cook 15 mins till soft.  Roll out pack of puff pastry and spoon veg on one half and dot with cheese.  Dampen edges with water and fold over.  Make 4 slashes on top.  Brush with egg, sprinkly with sesame seed and bake gas 6 200 C for 20-25 mins.

annie b

• Thinking of the Days
Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 11:41 »
ooh that sounds gorgeous and one I will definitely try.When you say dot with cheese....how much dolcelatte do you use?
Thinking of the Days

wighty

Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 13:19 »
Must get my fingers organised better.  Sorry. 4 oz Dolcelatte.

goose

• Experienced Member
Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 19:49 »
My italian mother in law does the following with aubergines but i find it works equally well with courgettes and keeps for ages in the fridge as a cold side dish, excellent at bbq,s/picnics.

slice courgettes thinly lengthways and chargrill both sides on griddle pan and layer in a serving dish.

crush 4 cloves of garlic, good glug of white wine vinager, bit of water to dilute, salt, black pepper, teaspoon of sugar and a large handfull of parsley chopped up.  heat in pan until hot and sugar disolved and pour over courgettes. cover with cling film and let cool before storing in fridge.  

this tastes better the following day as all the flavours are marinated into the veg.  i sometimes alternate layers of aubergine with courgette....YUM.

compostqueen

Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 23:24 »
made courgette and lotty veg pakora last night and a quiche today  :D

Deano27

• Experienced Member
Courgette glut recipes
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 14:18 »
barbecued courgettes with tahini dressing

this is what i do with my courgettes, its an absolute revelation as i've never been a huge fan of courgettes.  its a hugh f-w recipe from the guardian a few weeks ago.  i tend to just griddle the courgettes and then serve them in the flatbread.  i actually did these at a bbq a few weeks back and they went down a treat

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/jul/05/recipe.foodanddrink2

xx
Courgette glut!

Started by countrymouse on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

40 Replies
Last post August 21, 2010, 21:48
by mumofstig
xx
What to do with courgette glut

Started by Ourveggiepatch on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

10 Replies
Last post September 15, 2009, 22:21
by Wombat18
thumbup
Recipe for the courgette glut!!

Started by Parsnip on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post August 02, 2009, 11:45
by Parsnip
xx
Tomato and Courgette glut soup recipe

Started by agapanthus on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 10:36
by agapanthus

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 40 queries.