How unlucky can 1 chicken get?

• 3 Replies

jinty1911

How unlucky can 1 chicken get?
« on: March 10, 2011, 15:58 »
Poor Gracie!!   :( She has been much better in the last few days but this morning when I let them out, the other 2 girls stampeded right over the top of her and she ended up in a heap on the ground and couldn't get up.  She seems to have hurt her leg.  I put her in a box in the livingroom and gave her some treats to see if she would eat.  They were gratefully received.  She also had a big drink of water.

On returning from work, she has eaten all the pellets that I left her and is standing up very unsteady.  Should I keep her in for the night and see how she is in the morning or put her in hen house at bedtime tonight and lift her out of the way of the 2 hooligans at door opening time tomorrow?

helens-hens

Re: How unlucky can 1 chicken get?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 16:21 »
Poor Gracie! If it were me I would be tempted to keep her in tonight to give her a bit of time to recover & build up her strength without the risk of possible harm by being kept in with the others. I think this would outweigh the downside of her being separate to the others.
Hope she gets better soon

Helen

bantam novice

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 19:41 »
Oh Jinty, she has been through the wars, Hasn't she.  I would agree with Helens-hens here.  Good Luck Gracie, you are obviously a determined hen to get through all you've been through.
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

jinty1911

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 19:44 »
Well she survived the stampede after being spoilt rotten but now has 4 cysts on her back.  She seems ok in herself so will just keep up with the purple spray and see what happens.  She looks like a Prince fan (Purple stain, Purple stain).  :tongue2: :lol:

xx
Diseased or am I just unlucky

Started by jaws on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post May 09, 2013, 15:48
by ANHBUC
xx
New Chicken ~Owner with Chicken Emergency

Started by Jae Dawn on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 23:22
by Thingy
xx
off chicken

Started by taximan on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post April 20, 2010, 18:25
by mad chicken
xx
sad looking chicken

Started by uba on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post February 01, 2011, 19:34
by bantam novice

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 36 queries.