Swiss Cheese Plant

• 2 Replies

Iecabus

• Experienced Member
  • Plot holder since January 2018
Swiss Cheese Plant
« on: June 13, 2019, 08:05 »
Hi all, I have a Swiss Cheese Plant that I have been growing for some time. It has started to grow root like tendrils and I was wondering if It would help the plant if I placed another pot under the tendril to grow into. Would it just use the other pot as a source of nutrients or would it root and form another plant?
Thanks.
8.png
7.png

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Swiss Cheese Plant
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 17:24 »
Long time since anyone's mentioned the Swiss Cheese plant - thought they'd gone out of fashion, possibly because they do tend to get a bit large (and untidy!)

Can't answer your question fully, but when mine got completely out of hand I did successfully start a new one by cutting off a shoot with a root on and potting up so the root was buried in the compost.
Wait until it has rooted and started growing before getting rid of the parent plant (unless you're planning on finding room for both!  :ohmy:  :lol:)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Iecabus

• Experienced Member
  • Plot holder since January 2018
Re: Swiss Cheese Plant
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:55 »
Long time since anyone's mentioned the Swiss Cheese plant - thought they'd gone out of fashion, possibly because they do tend to get a bit large (and untidy!)

Can't answer your question fully, but when mine got completely out of hand I did successfully start a new one by cutting off a shoot with a root on and potting up so the root was buried in the compost.
Wait until it has rooted and started growing before getting rid of the parent plant (unless you're planning on finding room for both!  :ohmy:  :lol:)
Thanks for the info, I plan on putting the tendril in to another plot and see what happens. Many thanks.

xx
plant for i d

Started by mdjlucan on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post July 27, 2010, 16:45
by Goosegirl
clip
And another Plant ID

Started by MalcW on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post July 30, 2015, 09:25
by sunshineband
clip
Plant I.D. please

Started by chumpy7 on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 25, 2021, 11:33
by Subversive_plot
clip
Plant ID please

Started by Blackpool rocket on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post June 24, 2018, 19:38
by snowdrops

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 40 queries.