Wired incinerator

• 16 Replies

Calou

• Experienced Member
Wired incinerator
« on: November 06, 2007, 22:18 »
I'm useless at the "correct" names for things so I thought someone on here might be able to help, please? I want an incinerator for the plot and have noticed a couple of wire type ones that people have built themselves. It's like a metal mesh, about 2 inches wide (between the mesh) like a grid with metal legs, am I making sense here lol? Anyway I want to know what the grid is called so i can buy some, any ideas cause I'm having no luck on Google!  :cry:
Calou
Reasonably organic but totally realistic

muntjac

Wired incinerator
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 22:26 »
its a weld mesh  basket incinerator  :wink:
still alive /............

Calou

• Experienced Member
Wired incinerator
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 22:29 »
I tried looking for weld mesh online but nothing Munty. I don't want a ready made one, I want to buy the stuff from Wicks or wherever lol

muntjac

Wired incinerator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 23:14 »
ok its four lenghts angle iron5ft  2x2 inches ,4 pieces of 3ft x 2x2 for the base frame bend and weld the weld mesh to the four uprights .. leave a space of a foot below to give access  then making a 3ft square of the 4 base sectiosn of angle iron,put a piece of weldmesh in the box section and weld te whole to the four upright :wink: cost about £40 , welding fee i cant say  :wink:

WG.

Wired incinerator
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 23:18 »
Any building site might have some spare mesh going - they use it to reinforce poured concrete.

Don't go digging up the runways at LHR to get some though.

Sally A

Wired incinerator
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 23:19 »
Dustbin style incinerators £12.99 in Hombase I believe.

Calou

• Experienced Member
Wired incinerator
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 23:46 »
Quote from: "WG."
Any building site might have some spare mesh going - they use it to reinforce poured concrete.

Don't go digging up the runways at LHR to get some though.

Never WG lol, I'm just a bit confused about the word "mesh" I always think of something like chicken wire when I hear that word and thats not what I'm after, this is rigid stuff.

SALLY, thanks for the idea, may just have to do that in the end.

shaun

Wired incinerator
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 18:39 »
weldmesh is quite expensive calou,if you did go down this route you would need realy heavy duty mesh 6mm and up  :wink: ,cus after a few fires it would be useless,much better to get an old oil drum or a proper fire bin
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

muntjac

Wired incinerator
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 18:43 »
i had this last night shaun matey ,,, women  :roll:  the one she means is about 2x2 ft and 3 ft deep or so ,its a proper incinerator type things with the panels ,callou wants to make it up herself :wink: i did give her an idea how to construct one lol

muntjac

Wired incinerator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 18:44 »
the mesh used is rigid ,its a 1/4 inch guage  :wink:

shaun

Wired incinerator
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 19:07 »
ohh I get it ,like my gabion baskets (got 2 more the otherday) :wink: wont all the embers blow everywhere.anyhow lighting fires is a mans job  :roll:  :wink:

sweet nasturtium

Wired incinerator
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 14:38 »
Calou I use an old fireguard (with rigid wire) although I'm not sure how long it will last.  

But has anyone used a shopping trolley - you can get them for £1 in the supermarket! :)

Calou

• Experienced Member
Wired incinerator
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 13:01 »
Quote from: "shaun"
ohh I get it ,like my gabion baskets (got 2 more the otherday) :wink: wont all the embers blow everywhere.anyhow lighting fires is a mans job  :roll:  :wink:

SHAUN you do like to live dangerously don't ya! lol I'll have you know I can light a fire as good as the next man!! I can see I'm gonna have to take a pic of what I'm talking about here and there are quite a few down on our site so someone out there must know what i'm talking about.  :?

muntjac

Wired incinerator
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 13:27 »
SHAUN you do like to live dangerously don't ya! lol I'll have you know I can light a fire as good as the next man..

:shock:
 so its down to the other post on body shape huh  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Wired incinerator
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 13:31 »
(anyhow lighting fires is a mans job)

It might be to you Shaun, but I also can make a better fire than a certain someone!  And I don't swear as much if I have to use more than one match!!!!!   :lol:

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.