Beef steak tomatoes firm ones

• 3 Replies

cc

• Experienced Member
Beef steak tomatoes firm ones
« on: August 02, 2021, 12:45 »
I am growing super Marmande. Its actually the only tomato in my garden room that's producing at the moment.
But always seems a bit soft. The only way I get firm ones is picking them earlier than I think there ready. Anyone advise another one? As it was first to produce (at least 2 weeks ago) I will grow one next year anyway. Nice and firm beefsteak tomato Anyone??
Thanks

jambop

Re: Beef steak tomatoes firm ones
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 20:11 »
The thing about tomatoes like Marmande is being a French variety it satisfies the way the French like to eat their tomatoes and that is quite soft. In general I find that all my outdoor grown beef style tomatoes are exactly the same and that is soft. My wife and I call them big softies and when we have a tomato salad it is generally with a huge big softy cut into bite sized pieces, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and basil leaves and a whole baguette... I have actually come to love my tomatoes like this. Sorry this has not answered your question but I think it is down to the tomato type.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 08:06 »
Try Better Boy if it's available. It is indeterminate (cordon type). It's a firm slicing tomato with great flavor.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 08:31 by Subversive_plot »
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

cc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 14:23 »
Try Better Boy if it's available. It is indeterminate (cordon type). It's a firm slicing tomato with great flavor.
Thanks I will do so now.
I was thinking of checking the ones in the supermarket and if they were firm buying and using the deeds. I have already bought "Feo De Rio Gordo" from real seeds but I will add yours as well.

xx
Beef tomatoes

Started by Fiona on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post January 25, 2008, 11:04
by ditchdigger
xx
Beef Tomatoes?

Started by Garden dreams on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post May 08, 2009, 13:43
by Garden dreams
xx
Beef Tomatoes

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post July 20, 2010, 14:51
by Snoop
clip
My Beef Tomatoes unsure what to do

Started by colin120 on Grow Your Own

22 Replies
Last post February 28, 2015, 08:58
by JayG

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 39 queries.