Two roosters in need of a good home - trade

• 27 Replies

naturesparadise

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 23:09 »
if i was you i would try freecycle i have pure breed light sussex and even though are very sort after people dont want the cock birds

but you mite find someone on freecycle to take them off your hands

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 23:11 »
NP we aren't allowed to offer live animals on our Freecycle... I thought it would be the same on all areas...?

Wildeone

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 23:14 »
Quote from: "FrankieM"
How rude that some people believe they can tell me how to care for my animals. Even more so when they phrase it in a way that makes me seem cruel.
Look, I really need to trade these two asap, they are well cared for. My 'nap' is important seeing as I work on weekends and have exams at the moment. Fair enough, I can't justify keeping them like that, but it's the only way to make sure they go back to sleep.
'Chickens not the pet for me' wrong. 'Roosters not the gender of chickens for me' right.
I challenge all of those who dare to say I don't take care of my animals.
But if you do truely love your animals then you must realise that it's not acceptable to do that to them!  Think of the early morning call as a good time to start revising :!:
1 x hubby
2 x daughters
3 x chickens
1 x bunny
6 x african snails  . . . . . and counting.

dawnsmith

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 23:21 »
Just a thought - I only have 3 hens, so I'm no expert, but I do find they need to be let out before 6 in the morning. The cooing starts much earlier, but by 6 they can be realy making a racket!
I know a of man who had his dog's vocal chords removed to stop him barking - I don't imagine thats an option for hens!
If you keep hens, they will always need to be taken care of before you have a lie-in.
I let mine out, then de-poop the run and house, top up the bedding in their egg box and refresh the water and food before 6:15. Then I either go to work, or if I have a day off I'll treat myself to a cup of tea. Laying in bed is a thing of the past.
I hope you find a new home for your birds soon.
Dawn
x

FrankieM

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 23:34 »
Quote from: "Wildeone"
How rude that some people believe they can tell me how to care for my animals. Even more so when they phrase it in a way that makes me seem cruel.
Look, I really need to trade these two asap, they are well cared for. My 'nap' is important seeing as I work on weekends and have exams at the moment. Fair enough, I can't justify keeping them like that, but it's the only way to make sure they go back to sleep.
'Chickens not the pet for me' wrong. 'Roosters not the gender of chickens for me' right.
But if you do truely love your animals then you must realise that it's not acceptable to do that to them!  Think of the early morning call as a good time to start revising :!:

Again, now you're telling me how I should live.
Really, you're being very silly. Not to mention your language earlier.
Usually I do release my animals ealier then that, this was merely due to the fact I had to be doing some important business that particular day.
Accepting help related to chickens!

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g149/Silver-rage/Toddrelatedbanner.jpg[/img]
~The greatest friend, and the most patient pet I've ever had. I love you Todd.~

Wildeone

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 23:36 »
Quote from: "Wildeone"

Again, now you're telling me how I should live.
Really, you're being very silly. Not to mention your language earlier.
Usually I do release my animals ealier then that, this was merely due to the fact I had to be doing some important business that particular day.
oh well i stand corrected if it was really important business then its ok.

naturesparadise

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 07:56 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"
NP we aren't allowed to offer live animals on our Freecycle... I thought it would be the same on all areas...?

no we get live animals on ours all the time

how about putting an add in the paper  :idea:  :idea:

Porffor

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2008, 08:09 »
Ok, if you are desperate, why wait for a trade?
If you don't have much chance. Surely it'd be better to find them a home and then buy some chickens if it's what you really want.

I'm new to this, but it occured to me yesterday reading your thread that waiting for a trade would delay things.

There are lots of places to give away or sell cockerals. Your local freecycle site may be able to help too - but you'd be giving them away.
You could however maybe advertise for some free hens wanted too ;)

Just an idea.

FrankieM

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2008, 08:29 »
Quote from: "Porffor"
Ok, if you are desperate, why wait for a trade?
If you don't have much chance. Surely it'd be better to find them a home and then buy some chickens if it's what you really want.

I'm new to this, but it occured to me yesterday reading your thread that waiting for a trade would delay things.

There are lots of places to give away or sell cockerals. Your local freecycle site may be able to help too - but you'd be giving them away.
You could however maybe advertise for some free hens wanted too ;)

Just an idea.

I'll take a look at Freecycle, thank you for the ideas.
Again, this was inteded to be to sell them -but I didn't realise this was against the rules, so Aunt Sally editted it into only a trade.
I'm going to have to have a good look around at this rate.

Porffor

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2008, 10:23 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"

Sorry didn't realise that, we are in our area, there are often cats, chickens, dogs etc for re-homing.  :?

Porffor

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 10:27 »
I'll take a look at Freecycle, thank you for the ideas.
Again, this was inteded to be to sell them -but I didn't realise this was against the rules, so Aunt Sally editted it into only a trade.
I'm going to have to have a good look around at this rate.

Ad trader is a good site too - for livestock/horsey stuff ;)
You could also try horsey sites - or groups in your area. as often have smallholdings/farms. :)

ck2day

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2008, 10:39 »
FrankieM,

i do sympathise with you about the noise and having to do your exam work, but feel you may have alot of probs trying to find a home for your 2 roosters.  I had probs trying to find a home for 1 cockerel.  

Have you tried any local farm parks, or just farms themselves, also the RSPCA may be able to help and point you in the right direction.

As said before you may be waiting a long time for someone to do a swop with you, but hope you find them a home soon.  

'Fraid I am also sat on my hands, OH would divoce me at the sight of another cockerel, had a heart attack when bees were mentioned.  Then again................ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Claire

Will keep my fingers crossed for them

Foxy

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 11:48 »
I do know of someone who can help you-particulary as it sounds like they are good quality silkies.
He takes on birds and lots of cockerels then sells them or gives them away to cover his costs - this is NOT for profit!-he is genuine.
Alan is based near Nuneaton (between Leicester and Coventry) I am sure he would be able to help -perhaps a donation of a bag of feed would be very appreciated!! :lol:
PM me if you want his details. Hope he can help you Frankie.
PS Good luck with your exams too :lol:

xx
Free to good home

Started by Bodger on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post April 28, 2008, 22:10
by Bodger
xx
Free to a good home.

Started by becky on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post January 24, 2008, 13:02
by becky
xx
Good home wanted!

Started by spaulaj on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 23, 2008, 11:30
by Viv
xx
little frizzle - free to a good home - photo

Started by babe on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post August 13, 2007, 17:30
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 36 queries.