Whisky

• 3 Replies

scentedstock

Whisky
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:39 »
What is best as a present - single or mixed ?
I haven't got a clue.

PAH48

• Experienced Member
Whisky
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:51 »
Hi an' morning
in my MHO you can't get better than a single blend, BUT!! an' it is a big BUT!!......Its all down to taste, blended are exactly what they say... 2 or more , could even be 5 or 6, blended for/to taste, so every bottle is as near the same taste wise. Teachers, J. Walker, Fomous Grouse
and the house brands of most superstores ect.
Single is a totally different story, individually matured in casks for 5,7,10,15yrs or more. Because they kept this way they have individual tastes, peat, oak, burnt oak or port, brandy, all depending on what the cask was previously used for.The taste of the cask transfers to the whisky.
Most of the "Isle of" whatever are single. Therefore the cost is 2,3 or more x the cost of a blended.
Mostly I drink blended, on special occassions, when the pocket allows  ect there is no contest Single every time.
You need to know the persons taste, to choose properly,regular whisky drinker or not, if unsure go for a blended.
I could rattle on for ever on this topic, but it wouldn't help in your final decission, best of luck... Bye PAH

compo

• Experienced Member
    • west end cleaning
Whisky
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 11:57 »
For whisky mixing ie with ginger ale etc, buy a blended cheapo type. If for drinking straight, then a single malt. If for a good present, i would get a single malt.
Politicians are like nappies - they need changing for the same reason

bimbler

Whisky
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 13:11 »
it depends on how much you like the person you are buying for and what they do with it. if they pollute whiskey with other things coke, lemonade ect then its a waste of time buying a single malt if they drink their whiskey as God intended whiskey in nothing added but the warmth of their hand then a single malt is the way to go. if you don't like them then go American with burbon or rye.
GOOD FOOD, GOOD WINE, GOOD COMPANY

question
orange whisky

Started by desksmudger on Homebrew

0 Replies
Last post May 28, 2009, 21:52
by desksmudger
xx
potato whisky

Started by ciderman on Homebrew

5 Replies
Last post June 11, 2009, 11:36
by markdelmonte

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 39 queries.