Do we look after ourselves as well as our chickens?

• 9 Replies

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
Do we look after ourselves as well as our chickens?
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:44 »
Do you get enough protein in your diet to maintain glossy hair and strong nails?  Do you even know what percentage of protein you need in your daily ration?  Do you understand different nutrient requirements at the different stages in your life?

Do you get enough calcium?  How much is enough?  Do you get enough vitamin D from the sun for your body to use the calcium - and if not, do you take a daily supplement?

Do you limit treats so you maintain your appetite for good, nutritious food?  Do you drink plenty of fresh, cool water every day?

Is your human-coop warm, dry and properly ventilated?  Does it get enough natural sunlight?  Does it have a nice big run so you can exercise, or do you get cooped up and bored (leading to bad habits like picking on your family)?

Do you wear comfortable, supportive shoes that will not give you bumble-foot when you're old?

When you get a bit run down, do you take yourself off somewhere warm, dark and quiet until you recover, or do you keep expecting maximum productivity from yourself?

hmmm?   :mellow:

Casey76

Re: Do we look after ourselves as well as our chickens?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:20 »
lol!

I certainly don't take myself off to the doc at the first sign of a sniffle either!

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:12 »
I hadn't thought of it like that - but the hens are not so good on the pester-power and they don't know about fast foods
ManicMum

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:17 »
I hadn't thought of it like that - but the hens are not so good on the pester-power and they don't know about fast foods

That's true... and there's not so much advertising aimed at chickens.  Maybe if they got a cheap plastic toy with their corn it would be even harder to resist giving them treat food!

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 15:58 »
Now there's an idea......

jinty1911

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 18:43 »
Wahaaaa. The answer to all you questions is a great big fat NO, but went to supermarket to today and got the girls some Tuna in spring water (they are moulting) and a bunch of nice spring greens (they are not laying) but they would probably enjoy a MacDonalds just as much.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

hillfooter

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 00:53 »
Do you get enough protein in your diet to maintain glossy hair and strong nails?  Do you even know what percentage of protein you need in your daily ration?  Do you understand different nutrient requirements at the different stages in your life?

Do you get enough calcium?  How much is enough?  Do you get enough vitamin D from the sun for your body to use the calcium - and if not, do you take a daily supplement?

Do you limit treats so you maintain your appetite for good, nutritious food?  Do you drink plenty of fresh, cool water every day?

Is your human-coop warm, dry and properly ventilated?  Does it get enough natural sunlight?  Does it have a nice big run so you can exercise, or do you get cooped up and bored (leading to bad habits like picking on your family)?

Do you wear comfortable, supportive shoes that will not give you bumble-foot when you're old?

When you get a bit run down, do you take yourself off somewhere warm, dark and quiet until you recover, or do you keep expecting maximum productivity from yourself?

hmmm?   :mellow:

Yes Lindeggs!  I'm shocked you should ask!

HF
Truth through science.

hillfooter

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 00:56 »
.........and no I don't lay an egg everyday ;)

HF

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 01:05 »
.........and no I don't lay an egg everyday ;)

HF

In which case I assume you are on meat-bird rations rather than layer rations?  ;)

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 01:09 »
Now where is that poo thread?  :ohmy:

xx
Do you eat your chickens?

Started by khelashi on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post August 21, 2012, 00:19
by khelashi
grin
Our first chickens are here!

Started by Pepperpincushion on Chicken Chat

12 Replies
Last post March 28, 2011, 16:03
by Pepperpincushion
xx
What chickens do you have?

Started by boosmummy on Chicken Chat

25 Replies
Last post June 24, 2011, 11:14
by brick22
xx
Where you all from? and how many chickens you got

Started by krystal on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post April 01, 2011, 23:24
by Chickway

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 39 queries.