coronavirus and its consequences

• 99 Replies

juvenal

• Experienced Member
Re: coronavirus and its consequences
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2020, 23:15 »
Our local tip/recycling plant in Poole has just closed. I hope it doesn't signal an epidemic of fly tipping...

Pauly1958

« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2020, 03:45 »
Our local tip/recycling plant in Poole has just closed. I hope it doesn't signal an epidemic of fly tipping...
hope not fly tipping is bad up here to start with

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2020, 12:38 »
Looks like those like me who have relied on B&Q for Verve compost for several years might be out of luck for the foreseeable future - the stores are of course closed and their multipurpose compost is unavailable for either home delivery or click and collect in both the 50L and 125L sizes (didn't look at the smaller sizes as they're not much use to me.)  :(
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2020, 13:30 »
Have you got a Wickes near you? they are still delivering :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 13:31 by mumofstig »

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2020, 15:42 »
Thanks mum - Wickes MP compost 50L looks quite decent, but, despite registering, can't find the 'Add to basket' button for the life of me (perhaps not taking orders for delivery at the moment, or more likely I need a lie down!)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2020, 16:08 »
Ooh that's changed, I checked before I posted and it was ok then. Suggest you do as it says and phone your local branch to see if they have any in stock - mines supposed to be being delivered Thursday 2nd April. Fingers crossed  ::)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2020, 16:13 »
Can you remember what the delivery charge was (and for how many?)

Wouldn't want to be paying more for the delivery than the compost!  :ohmy:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2020, 16:20 »
 ::) I ordered 8 bags (it was on special last week) and paid £7.95 for delivery - I don't drive any more so this seems a reasonable price for delivery to my door, other companies have been known to want to leave it at the end of the footpath (no road along the Terrace).

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2020, 16:57 »
The 'deal' just got worse - no 3 for £10 now (£4 each for 50L) - not that you can order it anyway!  ::)

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2020, 14:20 »
We need to go get manure from a garden centre. 6x chicken pellets for the plot and garden.

Christine

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2020, 16:08 »
The local garden centres are decimated around here. The small one which has a good plants man in Hexham is closed for the duration. The other, larger and cheaper one in Hexham is wearing a notice that says they are closed till further notice and can't do deliveries till they have clarified the situation whatever that means. There's a small husband and wife team in the next village taking telephone orders which they will deliver to the garden gate so long as you stay out of the way. My favoured garden centre is trialling taking orders by email, phoning you for delivery address and payment by card then delivering to your garden gate so long as you stay out of the way. The allotment association Hut was going to sort out deliveries by phone and email by the store keeper has been told to self isolate for 12 weeks by the doctor. The allotment association will survive most likely. However not sure about the other three.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2020, 17:37 »
There's a small husband and wife team in the next village taking telephone orders which they will deliver to the garden gate so long as you stay out of the way.

That's what our garden centre of choice is doing (the other is closed), you pay over the phone, they put it in their car park, and then hide while you pick it up. they then take the next order out.
But they are limited in what they can sell. Only essential things so no misters (I was after one but they aren't essential and the NHS bought them all), no ornamental plants, only veg seed, some tools, compost and manure. I might have missed some things, he was run ragged and verbally sprinting.

Mr Dog

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2020, 13:56 »
Getting eerily close here - plot holder from my site sadly died of Covid yesterday.

The lock on his gate has already been forced open, I truly despair of some......

snowdrops

« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2020, 18:32 »
Getting eerily close here - plot holder from my site sadly died of Covid yesterday.

The lock on his gate has already been forced open, I truly despair of some......

That is dreadful, I hope karma comes & bites them in the derrière  :unsure:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Mr Dog

« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2020, 18:51 »

That is dreadful, I hope karma comes & bites them in the derrière  :unsure:

Yes, I'm not even going to give them the benefit of doubt that it was someone getting in to care for his chickens as he was one of a group who can access each others plots through shared keys.

xx
Coronavirus

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 31, 2020, 16:43
by Aidy
xx
Coronavirus.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post April 11, 2020, 20:05
by mrs bouquet
xx
Coronavirus questions please

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

27 Replies
Last post March 12, 2020, 19:02
by John
xx
Coronavirus now a pandemic

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post April 15, 2020, 16:34
by Mr Dog

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 56 queries.