Softening Denim Fabric ?

• 6 Replies

mrs bouquet

Softening Denim Fabric ?
« on: January 28, 2020, 16:52 »
I recently bought a pair of black denim jeans.  I washed them according to the instruction and they came out even more stiff.    I don't have any fabric softener.   I wonder if you can recommend anything to try.   I have looked on Google but it was not very helpful.   
I did take them back to the shop where I bought them, and the Manageress, said hard luck, you have washed them so we cannot take them back, and we never have complaints about them anyway.    No wonder the Company is having a closing down sale.  ::)  Thanks  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

MrsPea

Re: Softening Denim Fabric ?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 18:34 »
Have you tried a hotish wash apart from that put some softener in the wash, good luck
I Love my green house

grinling

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2020, 20:29 »
could try baking soda

8doubles

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 10:33 »
My tumble dryer softens Denim after a couple of wash cycles.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 15:32 »
Just get some conditioner that should do the trick
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 21:10 »
Today I have washed them again.  I put them in a very quick 10 mins wash at 30c  with out soap powder, but with a cup full of white vinegar.   They felt softer when I got them out, so I waited until tonight when they were nearly dry and popped them in the T.Drier for 20 mins on cold.   They are now hanging from a hanger and tomorrow I shall iron them.  I am sure they will be fine after a few wears.    But I do appreciate all your ideas, and  the old vinegar trick has worked.     Mrs B

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 16:53 »
My darling MB. Have you ever tried using a mix of mashed soapwort leaves with a mixture of oil-du-mer? That was Growster's advice with one of his "specially made for Goosey" tablets twice a day. I only tried them once and thank god for that! Perhaps putting on the DVD of the Wallace and Gromit's "The Wrong Trousers" might just make you consider forgetting denims. You can get some soft leggings that will enhance your legs and, if you go for that, I'll be there for whatever dance you want to do.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 43 queries.