eglu cube

• 39 Replies

Elcie

Re: eglu cube
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 22:25 »
I have an Eglu and love it, as do my hens.  Am thinking about upgrading to a cube but would have to change the garden around significantly to allow space for it and the attached run.  Have currently decided to wait until after the winter to decide but:

LUCKY YOU!!!!!

viettaclark

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 23:55 »
Well, I shall definitely write to let you MAD MAD people know how the eglu flushes! :D Got the Diatom and Poultry Shield today and have puffed ground up diatoms in the coop and the dirt bath. Does it really do what it says? Anyway, I've calmed down now I've cleaned out the coop. The girls weren't even affected...I only found a few mites.... but I have experience of the INCREDIBLE way they multiply and have lost animals in the past. I'm going to keep the wooden coop for a hospital (says she....it'll probably get new tenants.....) ::)
Lilac is a bit of a sanitary colour......and you can get matching lu roll. :) :D ;) ::)
 'Nuff of this toilet humour!!!

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 07:31 »
 :lol:
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

noshed

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 12:52 »
I've seen plastic wendy houses, could one of these be adapted for chickens?
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 12:53 »
where would Wendy live then?

viettaclark

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 13:34 »
:D Heavens you make me laugh so much the OH thinks I'm even more insane than I am....if you know what I mean....
I've actually got a friend who uses his daughter's old wendy house (....for chickens) but her name is Grace.
Wonder where the pop hole is at Waterlu......could keep a few chickens in there.....

viettaclark

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 23:39 »
Got the lilac  8) cube today and it took about 2 hours to put up ( pictures when the camera returns from daughter hols.) Seems to do everything it says on the tin but the run is a bit naff for the price...clips won't last long! My girls managed the floating ladder with no probs. and I refrained from sliding the lid open to see their sleeping arrangements cos I thought they might freak. I expect they're all in the nesting area   :nowink:::) but I shall block it soon because one of the reasons for buying this extravagant piece of kit was to have the poo dropping through the perches into the trays!!! Ventilation seems a bit hectic but I suppose the designers know their business! Anyway...so far so good....and it moves easily and fits on our 3m run perfectly. AND NO BL**** RED MITE!!!!!!  :tongue2:  :lol: Read this and weep........

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2009, 09:00 »
clips won't last long!

Sounds great :D

If the clips are like the ones I have for my eglu run - 1cm long tube thingies which lock into theselves (not a very good description) - they should last for ages.  Mine have lasted 4 years !  If you have any problems just send Omlet an e-mail and they will send you some more (for a very small fee).

viettaclark

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 09:50 »
 :D :D :D One was sleeping in the nest box but the other 2 perched. They all looked at me with happy grins when I opened the pop hole (much easier to do) then fell/flew down (must get used to that floating ladder) but later they ALL laiid eggs in the PROPER PLACE!
And NO RED MITE!!!! :D :D :D Tralalala!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2009, 10:15 »
green with envy  :lol:, but I would need 3 (at least) which means many many pennies!!
Staffies are softer than you think.

xx
Eglu Cube

Started by mikeimp on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post August 12, 2012, 19:54
by Dopey113
xx
Eglu cube

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post August 10, 2010, 09:52
by Aunt Sally
xx
eglu cube

Started by crowndale on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 20, 2012, 07:15
by symonep
xx
Eglu Cube

Started by Elcie on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 22, 2009, 22:53
by jo40

Page created in 0.302 seconds with 40 queries.