My ex-batt laydees have arrived

• 1 Replies

lina

My ex-batt laydees have arrived
« on: April 26, 2009, 00:22 »
Bit of a late night post this - but I have just spent all evening trying to get the xxxxxx cat back as she xxxxxx off because of newly arrived chickens! >:(

The laydees in questions have arrived after a 120 mile round trip to the Cambridge countryside. We all arrived back a bit tetchy and dehydrated. As far as I can make out they have all worked out where the food is - but I'm worried that 2 of them don't seem to be drinking - I have the water in a mini metal trough thing and they really don't recognise it!

I sat vigil for a few hours making sure they were OK. No names yet - but there is a brave one, a noisy headbanging vandal and a slow ditzy one. Come nightfall unprompted  the smart one jumped in the pop-hole followed by the vandal and about 3 mins later the lady of leisure followed them. How did they know how to do that?

I deserve a glass of wine...

Lina x

mrs.ploppy

• Experienced Member
Re: My ex-batt laydees have arrived
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 16:51 »
Hi Lina

Welcome to the madness of chicken keeping and hope you have many enjoyable hours with your chucks!  They may take a time to settle but the journey does not seem to have up set then too much.  they will soon find where everything is and I think with some birds it is just instinct to go to bed.  One goes and others follow.  Although sometimes you do get one dizzy one who after days of going in sits out and you have to put them in.  Good luck with it all.
mrs.ploppy

xx
EX Batt not well

Started by TonyW on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post February 03, 2011, 17:08
by Aidy
xx
Ex Batt help

Started by coxyMFC on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post September 21, 2009, 09:53
by Flowerpower136
xx
Ex-batt's

Started by moomoos42 on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post August 21, 2011, 17:19
by JACDORE
xx
Ex-batt egg mystery

Started by beulah59 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post November 13, 2009, 09:01
by Foxy

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 36 queries.