poultrygeist

Problem with Jacks foot - splinter?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 13:47 »
Oooo. Flocko. have we seen photos of your ducks ?? :wink:  :D

Rob 8)

Vember

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 13:54 »
Right he's had a bath :) Had a good preen afterwards even used foot to scratch his head :D
In the bath he had some bread, a few mealworms and a bit of corn but still not a huge amount.
I decided to fetch Titch in to see if that would encourage him a bit more to eat - NO she just thought it would be good to look around a chat to him  :roll:
Titch is now back outside  :lol:

I will get some Ibuprofen gel Flocko handy to know I can use it thanks :)

I have had a good feel at both legs moved them around etc... and can not see /feel any difference in either :? He didn't flinch or quack at anything I did :? Even had a look at Titch's to see if anything was different but nope all normal :?

Sarah :)

flocko

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2008, 13:56 »
No you haven't.

I'm a total thickee :oops:  when it come to posting pictures I'm afraid, but we have 37 Calls and a pair of Mini Appleyards all currently running around in our once nice lawn turned paddy field.  Oh I cant wait for summer to return :wink:

poultrygeist

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2008, 13:59 »
Quote from: "flocko"
No you haven't.

I'm a total thickee :oops:  when it come to posting pictures I'm afraid, but we have 37 Calls and a pair of Mini Appleyards all currently running around in our once nice lawn turned paddy field.  Oh I cant wait for summer to return :wink:

You need to find somewhere with loads of land so you can have a managery like vember's without so much mess. :D

Here's the instructions for posting photos. Ask questions if they're not quite clear enough.
http://www.chat.allotment-garden.org/viewtopic.php?t=19476

Rob 8)

flocko

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2008, 14:02 »
Hi Vember

I'm sure it's just a sprain, if it was anything to do with the splinter he wouldn't put his foot down. Some of ours cope better than others when they have a sprain just like humans some can put it on a bit (especially the male species :wink: )
As for the Ibroprofen gel it works for me and has done the ducks no harm although I suppose there would be some who dont recommend it.

I'm sure Jack will be fine in a day or two.

flocko

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2008, 14:06 »
Hi Rob

We have 7.5 acres most of it woods though. We also keep 14 chickens and 1 pair of Indian Blue peacocks and 1 pair of White peacocks so we have enough to keep us going.

Thanks for the tips on posting pictures I will give it a try when I have a moment.

poultrygeist

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2008, 15:53 »
Sounds idyllic (but hard work I'm sure)  :D

We briefly (1 day) had a white peahen earlier in the year but managed to find a local enthusiast who took her. She just turned up and didn't want to leave. :)

Rob 8)

flocko

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 10:28 »
Sad to say we did have a pair of white peacocks but a b!!!!!d fox killed the cock bird this morning.  :x

Lost a white sussex to it last week, poor birds are all locked away for there own safety, none are happy including us. Anyone with a gun near Dover?.

Vember

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 11:26 »
Flocko So sorry to hear your news  :cry:

Sarah x

flocko

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 11:50 »
Hi Vember

Fox paid us a visit yesterday afternoon came right up to the conservatory bold as brass. Spooked all the birds and the peacocks flew off managed to get three back in their house but the silly s!d that the fox got wouldn't come back.

The fox must have got him this morning on his way back home feathers all over the field where he tried to get away. Heartbreaking to see his beautiful feathers every where. Just seen the fox again at the edge of the field, all we have is an air rifle and by the time you faff about loading it up it runs away. Its a killer now so we must be on our guard otherwise we will loose the lot :cry:

Hows Jacks leg now?

Vember

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2008, 11:57 »
That's just awful :(

Jacks leg is better in confinement but... I let him out with the others for ten min's yesterday after all the excitement of saying hello to everyone he started limping again :( So I fetched him back in. Its no where near as it was in the first video but still not right :(

Think I'll leave him in for a couple more days then re assess the situation, if he were looking down in the dumps etc my approach would be different but he's very happy in himself :?

Sarah :)

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2008, 12:24 »
Glad he is at least looking happy in himself. Ducks are just not meant to be sad creatures, very worrying when then are!

At least he is in the best hands so sure he will continue to improve.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

poultrygeist

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2008, 12:58 »
I'm sure as long as you keep feeding and fussing him, he'll be happy. :)

Rob 8)

Vember

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2008, 13:10 »
Just had him out for a walk in the lounge & have to admit 100% improvement on yesterday :D

Shall put the vid up shortly :)

Still going to keep him in though just to be on the safe side :)

Not the best quality quite dark at times but you can get the gist of it I think  :?
Please ignore the un hoovered carpet  :oops:

Sarah :D

Foxy

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2008, 13:46 »
oh he's a lot better Sarah! Thats really good news! :D

xx
foot problem

Started by p00rstudent on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 18, 2011, 12:11
by p00rstudent
xx
New chick has foot problem

Started by monarch on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 11, 2009, 23:42
by nnbreeder
xx
Chicken Foot Problem

Started by Thompson24 on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 01, 2009, 11:13
by joyfull
xx
cut foot :(

Started by amyt on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post June 03, 2009, 11:04
by Hensington

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 40 queries.