Roses

• 9 Replies

randombod

Roses
« on: February 13, 2010, 21:26 »
I am due to be married next year and the colour scheme is blue so i wondered can you get blue roses ?

Spana

Re: Roses
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 21:36 »
There is one called Blue Moon but it looks like a gray mauve to me.  What about a white or ivory, or you could try silk flowers.

randombod

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 21:39 »
i wanted a deep rich blue i just think they will be unique i may have to try a graft

Spana

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 21:48 »
Does it have to be roses.  What about delphiniums, there are some wonderful blues there and look great as a tied bunch :)

Trillium

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 00:36 »
A good florist should be able to spray paint the rose blue for you and still have it look natural. Ask around.

gillie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 06:49 »
Blue is not a natural colour for roses.  There may be a few muddy bluish varieties around but that is it.  Grafting will not help you - most roses are grafted anyway. 

Gillie

Debz

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 09:34 »
I had a friend whose colour scheme was blue.  She spoke to a florist who said that if you dye flowers you have to be really careful about them dripping (from the end of the stem) on your dress.  Why don't you use ivory roses and have blue contrast flowers like thistles, sweet peas, hyancinth - flowers depending on what time of year you are getting married.  It is also really difficult to get a match in colour with flowers which can look a bit off if it's not really close.  You could also use a neutral flower and have ribbon through it in your chosen colour.

randombod

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 15:38 »
cheers thats a nice idea never thought of it that way and her in doors likes it too which helps

ruralczech

• Walnut Tree Farm B&B Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 15:50 »
Here is a site with most roses on it  http://www.classicroses.co.uk/roses/colour/purple_violet/  As said blue is a hard one to get and if you can grow one it'll make you some money.

tallulah

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 15:54 »
I had a bouquet with blue delphiniums and white roses and white with a touch of pink roses - spectacular!  I never have success with growing both of these, so I bought some from a flower shop the day before the wedding and made up my bouquet, plus bridesmaid's and buttonholes the morning of the wedding (no pressure on myself ... ).  It worked tho!  The delphinium blues were truly beautiful.

xx
What would you do with these roses?

Started by Carrotcake on General Gardening

6 Replies
Last post July 11, 2010, 14:17
by Goosegirl
xx
Help: Roses

Started by clarebear on General Gardening

4 Replies
Last post December 02, 2007, 14:52
by jackiestagg
xx
Roses

Started by AlaninCarlisle on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2012, 19:10
by AlaninCarlisle
clip
Roses

Started by Lardman on General Gardening

7 Replies
Last post January 11, 2016, 20:47
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 39 queries.