Sally's moved a friend in !!

• 1 Replies

sally10

• Chickens make me smile everyday !!
Sally's moved a friend in !!
« on: July 25, 2010, 22:16 »
Well I got a nice surprise today. Sally my injured hen who is recovering very well plays in a seperate part of the allotment from the other 5 girls during the daytime as she still has a bit of blood on her and if left alone together they will still attack her. ( at night she goes in the hen house but in a bit I have blocked of for her.
Whilst she is out playing during the day she has a shelter made out of 3 bales of hay in the middle there is a cardboard box with hay in and a piece of wood  as a roof. I call this sally's thatched cottage !!!!
Sally lays her egg everyday in the cottage and has done so from the day she got injured. Today I went in to collect her egg and it wasn't there  :( So I moved the hay convinced that it would be in there somewhere but no sign !!! Then I glanced again and saw a hedgehog !!! :ohmy: that seems to have taken up residence in there !!!!

I take it the hedgehog has eaten the egg ????  :mad:

I don't know what to do now as I imagine it will keep on eating them ?

I am hoping that Sally will be back with the gang in about a week so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

pigeonpie

Re: Sally's moved a friend in !!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 23:16 »
I'm sure the hedgehog is very grateful for the extra meal!  Usually, hedgehogs don't move around much in the daylight though, unless they are young or ill. 

xx
Aunt Sally

Started by Yolky on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post July 29, 2008, 12:06
by Yolky
xx
Sally's limping

Started by Jeanette on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2010, 20:11
by chloe
xx
So sorry Aunt Sally ......

Started by dawninspain on The Hen House

28 Replies
Last post July 22, 2007, 13:06
by Viv
xx
Question for aunt sally

Started by chelle on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 27, 2007, 08:19
by Bagpuss

Page created in 0.341 seconds with 38 queries.