THE QUEST GOES ON!

• 5 Replies

celtbhoy

• Experienced Member
THE QUEST GOES ON!
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:49 »
rabbit problems,tr
Plantskydd Animal Repellent

I love this product! I applied it in early spring to all of the perennials and spring flowering bulbs that the rabbits usually chomp to the ground and for the first time EVER--not a nibble. When the deer started chewing on my 'Stella d'Oro' daylilies outside the fence, I sprayed--they haven't touched them again. Developed in Sweden, Plantskydd is non-toxic and is not harmful to animals or the environment when used as directed. The best part is that it provides plants with up to 4 months protection during the active growing season and up to 6 months of protection over winter. DO NOT apply directly onto edible parts of fruit, vegetables and other food crops.  Gempler's
y this.

greenbean

THE QUEST GOES ON!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 15:44 »
Hi, I dont have any rabbit problems but I have heard this strange little tip.... If you use the bedding from ferrets complete with wee and poo  :o  around your plot the rabbits dont like it!

There you go we live and learn, all you need now is unwanted ferret poo!
Good luck. x.

celtbhoy

• Experienced Member
THE QUEST GOES ON!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 16:16 »
will try it ouy and get back o0n to you.
CB

mkhenry

rabbits
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 22:22 »
Rabbits cannot stand foxgloves (Digitalis) or Dill (Anethum Graveolens) A few plants strategically placed will keep them at bay.
Some poor village is missing its Idiot
plus officially the longest ever occupier of the naughty step.
My Gardening and Growing Hints and Tips

Salkeela

• Experienced Member
Re: rabbits
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 07:53 »
Quote from: "mkhenry"
Rabbits cannot stand foxgloves (Digitalis) or Dill (Anethum Graveolens) A few plants strategically placed will keep them at bay.

I've always wondered why in a rabbity area I 've never been bothered by them!  Now I know - foxgloves selfseed all round my garden and I love them so I leave them wherever possible!  :)  Glad I'm doing something right!

ETA   Just had another thought - it could be the 4 cats and 2 dogs????? :lol:
Sally (N.Ireland) Organic as far as I know!

Plant plenty.  Celebrate success.  (Let selective memory deal with the rest.)

rugbymad40

• Experienced Member
    • http://www.activeights.co.uk
THE QUEST GOES ON!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 08:41 »
Very best deterant for rabbit's, pigeons, and rats is "Bessy".

My trusty .22 "Bessy" sits in the greenhouse with pellets next to her and has for approaching a year now proved very effective.  With the rabbit and pigeon the end result offers a great complimentary dish to some of the fine veg we grow.  

The rat's provide a little body to the compost heap.  (Sorry about the pun there)  Although one allotmenteer has said that they make a very delicate BBQ dish - think I will leave him a few next time we get a problem.

The deer problem can be solved by putting human hair around the plants being attacked.
Enjoying the traditional ways and values of life.

xx
Pest Quest

Started by Kajazy on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 13, 2011, 15:12
by Kajazy

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 28 queries.