beechgrove

• 4 Replies

rowlandwells

beechgrove
« on: September 19, 2019, 08:59 »
 I can't believe beechgrove gardens has finished the series for this year does one pack up gardening in September as I've still got plenty to do on the allotment not to mention what's needed in the greenhouses and poly tunnel

perhaps I'm doing things wrong because I haven't even thought about winter digging still planting onions and spring cabbage for next year then there's cleaning and repairing things

I've always had the opinion that gardening can last up to twelve months if you want it to I like to get the ground turned over before Christmas then after Christmas start to get things sorted in the greenhouse pot and seed tray washing sorting seeds sowing a few onion seeds

so depending on the weather more jobs are done inside than out not forgetting the garden plan then for you know it its spring armchair gardening is only when it snows for me

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
Re: beechgrove
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 17:54 »
For the first time in years, I am glad to see the end of Beechgrove. Its been rubbish for most of the year.
Too many presenters, too much time spent on other peoples show gardens and short snippets on tools etc.
Not to mention that over long break right in the middle of the growing season.
The producers need to get back to basics and return it to a format that shows the ups and downs every gardener has to cope with.

Rant Over!
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 16:03 »
For the first time in years, I am glad to see the end of Beechgrove. Its been rubbish for most of the year.
Too many presenters, too much time spent on other peoples show gardens and short snippets on tools etc.

I'm glad it's not just me.
I was watching it to try and learn how to garden, raise fruit and vegetables because I'm not great at this whole gardening and allotmenting thing that I love. But it kept covering "look at this beautiful garden, look at that beautiful garden, next week more beautiful gardens". Perfect gardens don't tell me what is tasty, what to do now, how to do it, how to correct what is going on, what looks benign now but will blow up in my face in the imminent future. The constant show gardens also just reminds me of how rubbish I am.

At this time of year they could be covering fruiting trees, pruning, putting in winter veg, preparing soil, storing fruit and vegetables. Not packing it in.

It's a sacred institution up here in Aberdeen.

lettice

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 12:23 »
As someone who has loved Beechgrove for many years, did think it was very poor this year.
Of course missed Jim.
Each episode seemed very rushed and not a lot of real content that they have done so well for many years.
Do not mind them visiting the odd garden, but there was way too much of that this year.
Did not really like the new presenter they had this year. Doing more garden craft things than true gardening. Did not see any of that really being that interesting to a gardener.
No idea what that long mid season break was all about.
Why it has finished so early beats me, it usually goes on until mid or late October.
Shame, do hope they read the many fans comments who all seem to be saying much the same from what I have seen and put it back to its old format and keep it on screen a lot longer next year.

rowlandwells

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 17:14 »
well I have to say I must agree with all of your comments because your absolutely rite and yes back to its old format would help its begging to look like gardeners world to many show gardens and not enough info on growing but G/W was a little better this week not to much dribble a little more advise on some plantings I think I've had enough of watching wild seed planting because I'm more into  veg growing I'm not a wild boy may have been in my younger years  :lol:

xx
Beechgrove

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post April 10, 2021, 17:01
by GraciesGran
xx
beechgrove

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post October 25, 2018, 21:24
by adri
xx
New season of Beechgrove starts soon

Started by ARPoet on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post May 29, 2019, 16:38
by theothermarg
xx
Petition for Beechgrove Garden.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post August 02, 2019, 18:42
by rowlandwells

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 43 queries.