RIP Flo

• 4 Replies

Tigerwren

• Experienced Member
RIP Flo
« on: December 30, 2010, 15:07 »
My lovely beautiful Flo has gone today.  I came home and saw her petticoat feathers on the lane and knew she was gone.  I have spent the last half hour following all her little feathers and cannot find her.   I think maybe a fox, although my other three are untouched and seem quite content.  Where has she gone, I don't know, but am so devastated.  I can't stop crying.  I have asked our neighbour who had a prime view and she saw nothing, no dogs and walkers or fox.  Although we live in a hamlet, foxes are not common at all and it is still daylight outside.  I have sent my husband back out in the hope that he might see her somewhere even if she she is injured.  Seems so unlikely but i am praying. thankyou Flo for being the best I miss you xx 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: RIP Flo
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 15:46 »
Oh dear - that's not sounding good Tigerwren  :(  Remember to check up in the branches of any bushes just in case she got away.  Foxes can be around in the daytime especially if you do live in a quiet area and they are amazingly sly  :(  :(  :(

orchardlady

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 16:06 »
She may well have been attacked by the fox but don't give up hope quite yet. You may find her asking for breakfast when you go to let her house mates out in the morning. Chickens are excellent at getting home.

daisy1990

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 16:24 »
how sad for you and upsetting not to know her end.  I always think it must be awful for a pet to disappear and wonder what has happened to it.  I do hope there is a happy ending
3 dogs, 8 chickens, 4 rabbits 2 guinea pigs, 10 quail, 2 fish and a demanding daughter who has gone to uni and left me with 29 animals to care for!!=)

wolverine

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 17:37 »
bad luck flo better luck in the next life : ( Chin up tigerwren at least she had a good life and now you have a space for a new one : )
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it."

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 41 queries.