where to buy Puncture proof wheelbarrow tyres?

• 20 Replies

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: where to buy Puncture proof wheelbarrow tyres?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 20:32 »
This is good news!  ;)

I've had my B&Q galvanised wheelbarrow for about 10 years and even though it probably only gets used three or four times a year I've still had 2 punctures, both caused by a single hawthorn thorn going straight through the tyre and inner tube - each cost about £10 for a new inner tube - you could ask why I didn't ask for it to be patched but that would have cost even more (and if you're wondering why I didn't patch it myself I couldn't get the floppin' tyre off the wheel with the tools I'd got available!)  :wacko:

What no table spoons or did you bend them ;) :)
smud6is

Probably a combination of super-strength B&Q rubber and weak orangutan fingers!  :tongue2:  :(
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

grendel

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 21:35 »
I have a heavy duty tyre iron, mostly from my motorbike days, but I did manage a car tyre once too.
Grendel
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 23:30 »
Locally the only place I could find any sealant was Halfords, so today I went to get some.  I got some called "Slime"  http://washford.scene7.com/is/image/Washford/400-400788?$prod$  however, i cannot get the stuff in the inner tube!    It shows an image on the bottle and says it's not for the valve type on the left in this picture http://www.buckinghambikes.com/images/buckingham/bcvalves.jpg.  So my wheelbarrow has the valve type on the right, which is says is correct.  But unless the incredible hulk happens to pass by and squeeze it in, it's not gonna happen, i've tried and it just don't go in.
After getting absolutely nowhere with it, i lost the will to live and left the plot and went home lol
Oh yeah, mentioning about getting the tryes off and back on, What a nightmare! all i had handy was 2 spanners!  Not exactly ideal, but with them and brute force, I just about managed it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 23:32 by GrowinGrowinGone »
This is my Allotment, There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without my Allotment I am nothing, without me, my Allotment is nothing

smud6ie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44 »
 question,did you remove the valve core?

I have not used slime because I stick with the product i know and trust so can't comment on it.
If slime works the same way as oko then when squeezing it into the tube it has to be done very slowly or the fluid assumes its trying to plug a leak and blocks the valve stem hole.

When removing a tyre from a rim the most difficult part should be breaking the beads,
Once the bead is broken one has to make sure the   bead,180 degrees from the part being levered over the rim is located in the deepest  dip of the wheel or it will be difficult or impossible to remove without damage to man or tyre ;) :)

smud6ie

Kleftiwallah

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29 »

If you google "Greentyre" you should track it down. 

I stuffed a thick layer high density foam between the innertube and tyre of the 'chariot' to 'insulate' the innertube against thorns.

Cheers,    Tony.
I may be growing OLD, but I refuse to grow UP !

GrowinGrowinGone

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 22:26 »
question,did you remove the valve core?

I have not used slime because I stick with the product i know and trust so can't comment on it.
If slime works the same way as oko then when squeezing it into the tube it has to be done very slowly or the fluid assumes its trying to plug a leak and blocks the valve stem hole.

When removing a tyre from a rim the most difficult part should be breaking the beads,
Once the bead is broken one has to make sure the   bead,180 degrees from the part being levered over the rim is located in the deepest  dip of the wheel or it will be difficult or impossible to remove without damage to man or tyre ;) :)

smud6ie

I had never noticed before that there was a tiny valve thing inside that you have to remove, that's where my problem lay  :lol:  After removing the valve and getting the slime in today, the puncture(s) appears to be repaired finally!  I feel such a plonker, I didn't know it had a valve inside that you had to remove, and without looking really closely I didn't spot it.  But my eye sight is a bit dodgey i spose.   So the slime works....*touch wood*  Thanks for all the suggestions and help from everyone who replied.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 22:32 by GrowinGrowinGone »

xx
PU 14" Puncture Proof RED Wheelbarrow Wheel Tyre 3.50 - 8

Started by colin120 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post March 20, 2015, 15:53
by Kleftiwallah
xx
wheelbarrow tyres

Started by Leligdowicz on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post June 19, 2008, 17:23
by Leligdowicz
xx
Best source of tyre levers for wheelbarrow & garden trailer tyres?

Started by Martin on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post August 14, 2009, 14:14
by smud6ie
xx
Wheelbarrow

Started by Scribbler on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post March 14, 2008, 16:46
by Trillium

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 40 queries.