Bare root strawberries have arrived - help please !

• 21 Replies

garddwr

Re: Bare root strawberries have arrived - help please !
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13 »
So does everyone think I'll be better off potting them up until the weather's better and the bed is prepared ?

What size pots would you recomend ?  :lol:

Lardman

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 12:57 »
Interesting point savbo. Unfortunately the 12 plants I ordered from T&M didn’t survive the winter here down south.

Were they the special offer ones ? I bought those too and only 1 plant out of the 2 packs I ordered is showing any sign of life. I know it was a hard winter but they were in the greenhouse and I really would have expected better.

garddwr

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2011, 13:16 »
Interesting point savbo. Unfortunately the 12 plants I ordered from T&M didn’t survive the winter here down south.

Were they the special offer ones ? I bought those too and only 1 plant out of the 2 packs I ordered is showing any sign of life. I know it was a hard winter but they were in the greenhouse and I really would have expected better.

In the greenhouse , there shouldn't be any excuse then I would write to complain ask for a replacement.

Mazzie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2011, 18:09 »
So does everyone think I'll be better off potting them up until the weather's better and the bed is prepared ?

What size pots would you recomend ?  :lol:

I would.  My ten cambridge for £4.50 from the front of a magazine arrived on Tue and they have been potted up and put to bed in my coldframe.  It was dark when i potted them up but im quite impressed with them so far  :) 

Ive no idea on pot sizes, depends how long it will take you to get the area ready and how big the roots are.

radiohead

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2011, 20:27 »
I planted 30 T&M irresistable bare roots in october and was amazed at how quickly they got away....when they arrived they looked very sorry indeed,but within 2 weeks of planting they were all looking very healthy.All 30 survived the winter and most are now beginning to show new growth...I planted them in a new raised bed with ordinary soil off the plot and plenty of well rotted horse manure...hopeful of a first crop in the summer :tongue2:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 20:45 »

My ones were potted up and left out in the garden and all but one have some small new leaves on........I'm lucky by the sound of things :unsure:

aqua

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 19:54 »
has anyone used corona?

xx
Bare root plants just arrived! What do I do?

Started by Dimblebee on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post May 02, 2021, 21:16
by Dimblebee
xx
Bare root strawberries

Started by Plot30 on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 15, 2012, 16:04
by Plot30
xx
Bare root strawberries

Started by Jason W on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 09, 2011, 10:09
by bigben
xx
Bare root strawberries - dead or alive?

Started by Joe Hicks on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post October 16, 2021, 09:12
by Joe Hicks

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 40 queries.