The ladies are home!

• 18 Replies

Lost in France

• Experienced Member
The ladies are home!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 19:02 »
I so love reading posts like yours...you'll get such pleasure from your new girls. The excitement of going out to see them never really diminishes as they're such delightful little characters and so funny when they run over when they see you coming! I have some that won't perch so they live in a different henhouse as otherwise they just get pooped on by the ones on the perch!! Their mum never roosted, she was an adult when we got her and we couldn't persuade her to perch...spent so much time trying but as soon as I shut the door she jumped down again...apart from super glue don't think anything would keep her on a perch! She never taught her chicks to roost and I haven't been able to either so have given up and they sleep where they like in the henhouse! They're happy...so I'm happy!

Enjoy your girls....soon be time to get them up...mornings getting lighter so longer to watch them!!

Judi

Zak the Rabbit

• My (occasional) blog -
The ladies are home!
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008, 18:46 »
first full day over. Theyve had a roasting tin full of mixed fresh veg, a handfull of cooked rice, and some branflakes! they let me sit with them in the run when i put the grit/oyster container in for them, they went mad for that!

they had all gone in on their own again when i went to shut them in. Once again three snuggled in the nest box, and one in the corner :D  Ive a feeling shes going to lay in that corner, which is right at the back of the house and awkward for me to get to! i'll be putting a ladle on a stick to pick the eggs up :lol:

im just wondering if i should lift them onto the perch at night to encourage them?

were starting to be able to tell them apart. Becky is the lightest, Bocky is a little darker but speckled, Penny and henny are dark but penny has very light flight feathers on her left side :D
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
the rabbit of caerbannogg

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
The ladies are home!
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 22:44 »
They look great Zac!  before long (in just a day or so) you'll be swapping crazy chicken storys with the rest of us!

as for me, I'm totally henpecked today - I was planting some bulbs and my 3 all decided they were better in their bellies than in the ground (yes, I know that daffs are poisonous... hopefully now so do the chooks  :roll: ) and they kept on pecking at my hands in an attempt to get me out of the way!!!

Keep the stories coming Zac, there's never a boring chicken story to be told!

PJM

Perching
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 08:23 »
Zak, I spent 2 weeks when I first got my chooks, carefully placing them on the perches at night, and still they won't use them, prefering to sleep either in the nest box, or huddled up on the foor. They all seem happy and healthy though so I am not too worried :lol:

xx
New Ladies

Started by argylepete on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post March 13, 2011, 21:14
by joyfull
xx
New ladies

Started by chuckmad on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post October 30, 2010, 20:13
by CluckyChicken
xx
new ladies

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post May 06, 2014, 13:15
by sussexchook
xx
New ladies.

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 05, 2015, 23:44
by grinling

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 38 queries.