S106 Funding Projects

• 3 Replies

Muddyknees

S106 Funding Projects
« on: December 07, 2023, 07:56 »
Hi,
We have a private allotment of 67 plots and are thinking of applying for a S106 grant.
Wondering what sorts of projects other allotments may have applied for and what has been accepted.
Our thoughts are possibly a communal shed/ shelter, we need a new fence for security and safety for plot holders (would that be deemed suitable?)
We have suitable container storage. The plot has no electricity and is a little out of town. We have water tanks.
Any other ideas gratefully received.
Thanks

geordiekev

Re: S106 Funding Projects
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 07:59 »
"To be eligible for funding, the applicant organisation must have a constitution or set of rules, demonstrate that they have consulted facility users/the local community, provide any other evidence of need for the project, and have the written support of the local Parish Council."
Overall I believe that it must be shown that it is a benefit to the community. There must be also I believe s106 housing developments within your parish, so that the local community can draw off the funding, (and it takes ages). Good luck.

Muddyknees

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 11:54 »
Hi
Thanks for replying. We are a Society with a constitution etc. Definately funding available in our area for us to apply for, just wondered what we could use it for . For example new perimeter fencing, we have been broken into several times through minimum fencing. Perhaps stress the safety aspect as we have several lone women s plot holders ? Other ideas were a communal shed, resurfacing of car park, extra water tank, security.
Just wondered what other allotments applied for.
Many thanks

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 17:19 »
Hi, I’d get in mental health issues anywhere you can as that’s the tick box criteria for everything at the moment. If you have containers do you have a trading store or do you need one? A composting toilet, communal meeting place? Communal composting area, wildflower meadow/area, bees? Biodiversity, carbon sink, all the in things that you might be able to offer/increase to enhance your site & need help/funding for?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 42 queries.