cruel neighbour

• 22 Replies

shetan

• Experienced Member
  • a wandering soul in a gsd body
Re: cruel neighbour
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 08:54 »
thanks for the replies guys.

to update...the other night nails were thrown over the fence and i stepped on one. it went through the sole of my shoe and into the arch of my foot.

i had already been and ordered the fencing and it will be delivered by the end of the week.

i also spoke to the community support officer who said the neighbour is known to be a nuisance and has made some suggestions.

as for the cooment of his being/not being stupid. he isn't. he's just petty minded. last year, when his dog jumped the fence and spooked the chix, my dad went round to complain. he laughed it off. he does what he does because he has nothing else to do..and as the saying goes, the devil makes work for idle thumbs.
1 Husband, 3 German Shepherds, 3 Black Jersey Giants, 3 White Jersey Giants, 1 White Jersey Cross, 1Blue Buff Columbian Brahma, 2 Buff Columbian Brahma, 1 White Columbian Brahma,  3 Gold Brahmas, 2 Golden Quail, 2 Giant Continental Rabbits and a Sister!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:26 »
We are all thinking about you and hope that things are happily resolved for you soon.   :)

We once had troublesome neighbours and had to get the Police involved.  Luckily they moved out, (on Halloween, got on their broomsticks and off they went).   :wacko:  :blush:  :D
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

NormandyMary

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 19:53 »
Ive just read this thread and it really makes my blood boil. How are things going for you now Shetan?

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 20:09 »
Can you not purchase some cheap netting debris or something like just to create a barrier to stop the dog until you can afford to fence it?

Just read through this as back from holiday, and I sympathise, as we also have horrible neighbours who for years have been unpleasant at every opportunity. I don;t even look in their direction.

Stompy's suggestion about debris netting is a very good one. You can but it very cheaply on ebay and doesn't need very heavy supports or anything.
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

shetan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 15:36 »
just thought i'd update.....

we forked out a fortune to erect a fence and poor hubby spent every spare minute digging holes for posts, mixing cement and single handedly putting up the panels.

strong winds blew the last panel out this week as we ended up one post short (store sent a split post by mistake) which he then re-did in the rain (bless him)

so apart from a small gap of about a foot the fence is up. we'll need to find something to fill the gap but atleast its up.

on a side note - the idiot destroyed a couple of my runner bean plants. they were climing up the fence and doing really well when i noticed they were turning brown. on closer inspection, the idiot had hacked them down from the base.

on a plus note though there have been fewer foxes since the back and side were done. will now start to save for the opposite side (which was actually the worse one!). will probably buy a few at a time and do it over time.

life plods on at the happy hen house...

evie2

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 16:43 »
That's good news and let's hope you don't have to go through it again  :)
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

shetan

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 19:01 »
i just want to thank everyone for their support.

i've lived here 6years now and he has made my life difficult for most of them. his mother's excuse was that he was young and lonely and as i was young he would 'naturally' want to be friends.

i wouldn't have minded that but it was his attitude, sexual innuendos and leering that put me off. another elderly neighbour gave him a right telling off about 6months after i'd moved in and told him to stop bothering me.

it was so bad that i would come home and sit in the dark with a camping lamp on just so he couldn't tell i was home. i took the batteries out of the door bell and started to wake on
the hour, every hour, every night to make sure the doors were locked.

i can't knock the area. i live opposite a huge park and have allotments backing onto the garden. i have 5 cockerels and the neighbours are very tolerant. he's just the blemish on an otherwise perfect apple  :tongue2:

thanks again for all your support. now i need to find a trelis or 6-7 lap boards to fill the gap and hopefully we're sorted.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 19:04 »
Thanks for the update and glad you have a plan, indeed a cunning one!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Alpacas..nature can be sooo cruel..

Started by Lost in France on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post April 09, 2010, 08:39
by corndolly
xx
Asking a neighbour to control their dogs?

Started by DanielCoffey on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post January 16, 2023, 14:11
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.