Feeling totally down beat

• 24 Replies

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
Re: reply
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 20:56 »
Quote from: "mrs bouquet"
Having read all your posts, maybe you can have some sympathy with farmers  !!  Mrs Bouquet

I always have had.
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Swee'pea

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 21:39 »
Sending you a huge hug to make you feel better *HUGGGGGS* now then.....twas only a matter of weeks ago I got myself into much the same tiz about my plot. So far this year i have managed to dig up One....yes I said one potato with everything else being munched by a blinking fox or slugs, dug up or out by said fox or just dying on me. Plot full of couch n weeds of all kinds and no help at the time. I was all for packing in and up.......came on here and had a moan and was reminded about how lucky i was to have a flooded, weed ridden plot to moan about :))) and there ( my friend) is the silver lining!!....you actually have a plot.

yes! it's full of weeds n flooding and stuff ain't growing this year but next year n the year after could be different...so......chin up kidder....we're all in same boat ( get it??? *grin*) and whilst we can bemoan the fact our plots are infested with couch and stuff ain't growing etc etc there are those who would go to heck n high water to be in our shoes....I'm not making light of how down your feeling, just trying to show you that even though it's cack now in a week or so it will be all different...you should take a look at my blog to see what I mean.

once again hugs

be all better tomorrow :)

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 08:48 »
well thanks all.. glad to see I'm not the only miserable sod on here :)

After having a lovely dinner which was all home grown and got my lunch today again all home grown I feel slightly better about it all. The wife told me I was being stupid and that if I didn't have the lottie/veg/etc to to talk AT her about all day long then what would I do with my time?? She has a point there like :D :D

Still flipping raining and still sick to death of it......  :cry:

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2008, 08:50 »
Quote from: "Sadgit"
After having a lovely dinner which was all home grown and got my lunch today again all home grown I feel slightly better about it all. The wife told me I was being stupid and that if I didn't have the lottie/veg/etc to to talk AT her about all day long then what would I do with my time?? :D :D

Where have I heard that before...?  :?

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2008, 08:52 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"
After having a lovely dinner which was all home grown and got my lunch today again all home grown I feel slightly better about it all. The wife told me I was being stupid and that if I didn't have the lottie/veg/etc to to talk AT her about all day long then what would I do with my time?? :D :D

Where have I heard that before...?  :?

Ha I wonder :D

iwantanallotment

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 09:36 »
The wife told me I was being stupid and that if I didn't have the lottie/veg/etc to to talk AT her about all day long then what would I do with my time?? She has a point there like :D :D

Bless, she sounds great and clearly knows the real SG (under all the misery etc) - ie, that although it's been a bad year, the lottie means an awful lot to you.
Keep at it, SG.....it's been a difficult season but you're still putting food on the table from your lottie - and as swee'pea says, you're sooo lucky to have one.  .
Next year will surely be better  :wink:

pushrod

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 14:09 »
just back from two and a half weeks away and the weeds just have to be seen to be believed  :evil: .It was all pristine before i left and it took me time just to find where my row of spuds was  :shock: On the plus side onion sets had really put on weight before they fell over and the ones from seed are still going ok. Had to spend the morning squashing caterpillars on my sprouts.(200 down and probs another 100 to go)
Despite detailed instructions my old dad couldn't quite manage the greenhouse watering and overwatered so that blossom end rot has affected 50% of my toms but at least the plants are alive. Peppers doing ok though and the jalapenos blew my head off :lol:
All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

fletch

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 15:25 »
Now that today was FINALLY dry I've just been up and harvested some nice kale for my tea, plus a couple of beetroot (boiling away as we speak) and a load of cherry toms on the vine.
I've cut down the foliage on my spuds but they will have to stay in the ground for now.

I couldn't face doing anything else as it is such a tip I didn't know where to start and it needs a plan of action otherwise I'll just get cheesed off and set the lot on fire  :twisted:  :D
First timer, NOT enjoying the backache anymore!

Trillium

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2008, 15:58 »
Sadgit, remember that gardening, like life, is a journey and not a destination. Sadly that journey involves slugs, bugs and weeds, but that's part of the gardening challenge. We we had good seasons every year, we'd have nothing to grumble about  :lol:  So, now that you know what went wrong with this year's crops, you can plan to overcome those problems for next year....which will probably be a bumper crop year.

yummy

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2008, 16:00 »
Tipping it down all day here so far. Phase 3 of project raised bed now postponed until tomorrow.

xx
you cant beat it

Started by toptonk on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post June 26, 2007, 05:23
by Gwiz
xx
Is this how to beat carrot fly!

Started by Elcie on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 16, 2009, 10:05
by Jay Dubya
xx
totally worthwhile

Started by bailey on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 21, 2009, 21:31
by peapod
xx
Totally depressed

Started by Babstreefern on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post July 13, 2009, 10:50
by strangerachael

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 35 queries.